WoW: Cataclysm Beta Opt-In Starts Now

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
Do you need to be 18 to sign up? Because 90% of the beta's I've looked at require such a thing. Which is fantastic for people like myself.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Asturiel said:
Does my WoW account need to be active to try to get in?
I'm not sure, but one of my friends generously gave me a Game Card. I don't want to ruin any chances to check out the beta... I've gotten to play the past two betas before, but I have a feeling I won't be that lucky this time around... :(

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Errm, you've been able to Opt in for the Cataclysm Beta for quite a while now. Few months?
But, Blizzard did only *just* do an official blue post about this.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Even if I was still playing WoW, i'd not opt in to this beta. Blizzard never let me participate in any of their betas in my ~15 years as a Blizzard customer. :(

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
hudsonzero said:
wow that was quick i was expecting a longer alpha
Alpha has probably been going for a while, there's a complete NDA on it, and they don't announce if its starting to the public. The leaks could be toward the end.

Yureina said:
Even if I was still playing WoW, i'd not opt in to this beta. Blizzard never let me participate in any of their betas in my ~15 years as a Blizzard customer. :(
I got in Wrath from the opt-in about half way through, but I remember I did everything possible to try and get one, including listening to the god awful nerd crap on WoW radio, I ended up scabbing someone elses beta and alternating play with them..

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
scw55 said:
Errm, you've been able to Opt in for the Cataclysm Beta for quite a while now. Few months?
But, Blizzard did only *just* do an official blue post about this.
Um, not you could just opt-in for future betas, whether that included an automatic opt-in to cataclysm is unclear(though probably likely). But there hasn't been an official opt-in.

Anyone else having issues with the system check? It won't send for me and I keep getting redirected to the Korean Battle.net.

daskat

Nov 4, 2009
already opted in, sign me in... lol
Ps.: it took me a couple tries to get to the page, i guess many people are sending the request at this moment
Ps 2: how many seconds we have to wait till we start to play cata O.O me wants now o_O lol

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up. I doubt I'll get in the beta, but it doesn't hurt signing up.

First thing I'll do IF I get accepted is make a Goblin character and hit the golf course.
Zing said:
Anyone else having issues with the system check? It won't send for me and I keep getting redirected to the Korean Battle.net.
That's what it said to me too, but then I relogged and my system specs were there. Strange, but you won't hear me complaining.

ANeM

Aug 19, 2007
hudsonzero said:
wow that was quick i was expecting a longer alpha
Blizzard never said the F&F test was Alpha, that was bibi at MMOchampion. The downloader said beta, the website said beta, the battle.net icon said beta. My guess is all they really wanted was a smaller scale test of the backend before opening it up more.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I've got into the Starcraft 2 beta by waiting and I'll be damned if I'll do the same with Cataclysm. Private servers ahoy!

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
well i set it up, heres hoping this time i actually get in..unlike the bloody SC2 beta..grmbl.

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks for the heads up John.

Question, has anyone tried uploading two machines to the beta profile? The reason I ask is I primarily play WoW on my desktop at home, but also ocasionally on my work laptop.

( Yes, yes, i work in IT, sometimes I'm on the road, and I stuck WoW on there, don't judge me! )