WoW: Cataclysm Class Changes Coming This Week

Energylegzz

May 13, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Syon said:
Buff Blood DKs, IMO. :S

Also, replace Bloodworms with Blood Golem. ^_^
Blood golems would be quite nice...they'd have to be small, though, or their pixels'd clutter up the screen. Personally, I just hope things stay the way they are for us DKs. On one hand, Blizzard could make an awesome class even better- or, things could go the way of the paladins.
Exactly screw the worms I want something intimidating. Blood Golem's would be awesome

Rhino of Steel

Sep 29, 2008
When I stopped playing WoW I had 4 level 80 characters: Druid, Mage, Hunter, and Paladin. Blizzard likes to draw out my anticipation I see.

Cataclysm is making me very interested in WoW again. I logged on and played for a weekend last month after being away for half a year and a lot of the changes they have implemented already are great. Queueing for Heroics is fantastic especially with the added bonuses for doing so and they've now overhauled the PvP system to fit that mold too. I've quit this game twice now yet they keep managing to draw me back in. Blizzard is evil that way and may they never change.

Aric Rainwater

Apr 2, 2010
They'd better power up warriors, but only slightly. I don't mind being a UP class as long as I don't get clobbered by every damage capable class in PvP. I'm looking at you, 10k critting warlocks...

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
Are the classes themselves being updated, or are we just getting the information? If the former, I am disappointed that I won't be able to play my paladin alt for a bit. But I have my priest, mage, shaman, and druid to play with, and tanking Maraudon does get boring. Perhaps my druid will be able to not suck now! (He's a terribly undergeared 80, and has fallen to the vicious cycle of having bad gear, preventing him from joining groups to get better gear, and is so stuck with bad gear. My other characters are in the 20-50 range, but I work around the empty zones by farming the Random Dungeon Finder. This parenthesized statement has gotten SO far off the original topic.)

In before "you are not prepared."

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Oh paladins lost their use in the lore, since the plague is over and the burning legion is no longer a threat. joking.
They will reveal it in its time.

Summerspeak

Mar 31, 2010
I haven't played WoW, in over 2months. I've been waiting for cal to be released and seeing this is the next best thing then the release, I'll start playing again.

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
If they remove my pally from the game, I will demand a refund for the time I spent leveling him to 80 or at the very least a chance to change my class for the character. I don't know what else my blood elf can do other than mage or rogue which don't appeal to me very much.

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
They're doin what now...I think...I think...NO, eagghh...*sigh* I think i'll go take a look and see what they mean by this...

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Is this on live realms or test realms? and is this American or world wide servers?!

Wordslinger

Apr 3, 2010
When I read the part about Paladins being removed, I nearly puked in my mouth.
Then I read the next paragraph and cried with relief. Ain't no way I'm rerolling from my retadin :D

Hopefully they manage to balance PVP at least a little bit. I got so tired of trying to kill ally healadins that I quit it forever. Also druids seemed to only be able to be killed by a group of about 20 people.
The rest of the game was fun, though. I'll probably take it back up come Cataclysm.

Megawizard

Mar 24, 2008
Lunther said:
Wait, so they're going to give me the new soul-shard system for my Warlock? I get another free bag slot? Hell yes, finally! This ought to be interesting.
Unless they changed it again, Warlocks are going to have 3 shards akin to DK runes that regenerate slowly during combat, and completely restoring out of combat. There will be 1 spell that uses the shards, and it'll have different effects depending on what spell is cast afterwards; e.g. instant casts/crit-related things/other what-nots.

Bigsmith said:
Is this on live realms or test realms? and is this American or world wide servers?!
I imagine it's going to be pages on the web site.

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
They have annoyed allot of people with the dispel changes general attitude on that thread is that " these changes better fart rainbows and sunshine"

Also they just announced that there giving DK's a fixed tanking tree saying that "one change risks overshadowing the rest" if that's the best i wouldnt hold out for anything Cataclysmic *cue grone*

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24038461060&sid=1

DK tanking change link

jacx

Feb 20, 2010
druid Dk priest here however every thing stated in this article can be found at the WoW-Head website

The Iconnorclast

Mar 31, 2010
Awesome, finally some new info. I hope the Warlocks new shard system is all they made it seem to be, should help breath some life into the class. And I want a new demon already!