WOW just went free. (This is a question topic)

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
World of Warcraft just went free to play forever like Conan Hyporian Adventures. If you do not have a WOW account do you get one? And if you do have a WOW account do you stick with it even though a flood of noobs is coming.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Nope. I tried WoW out with the free week trial and didn't care for it. I tried because all my friends were playing it and I just couldn't get into it. I wish I could as they played it for like 2 years while I was playing other stuff. The cost isn't really the issue for me.

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
I would probably start playing again for a while at least. Haven't played since Burning Crusade came out, but don't want to pay for it anymore since it's so old. Being free would eliminate that fact, so I'd play it again.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
...Nope. It's not like it's expensive anyway.

also as you say f2p games are usually swarmed by retards and money making bots. never before have I managed to get a over 100 k/d ratio as a scout on tf2

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Is it not free to play to level 20 only?
yes. but you can do quite a bit in that time. but then it gets completely pointless, because all you can do is quests/dungeons/raids, which give xp. which you dont get back if you buy the game.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
I enjoyed it when I played it, but am glad I gave it up and am in no hurry to get back into it. I found it fun and all, but I was getting too addicted to it, and didn't have the time anymore.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Haven't touched my account in a good 5 years nearlyish, and I plan to keep that record.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Kair said:
Labour for no purpose or gain? No.
you do realise thats what pretty much every game is.
if thats what you believe, why are you on a gaming website?
OT: it doesnt work, because of the level cap (level 20). i got to level 20 last week. i just bought the damn game, because i aint starting bloody again.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
TrilbyWill said:
OT: it doesnt work, because of the level cap (level 20). i got to level 20 last week. i just bought the damn game, because i aint starting bloody again.
WoW is the only game I've ever played that felt exactly like a job. It isn't fun, and I fail to believe anyone could genuinely enjoy such a dull, easy game.

OtterRepublic

Jul 18, 2011
i used to play it alot but non of my friends did so i stopped, if it went free, my friends would start playing, so i would probably start playing again

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Welcome to... what was it, last week? Week before last?

I actually considered starting up again though. Then I decided, I have little enough time to game, better to spend it on more enjoyable stuff. ;)

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Chibz said:
TrilbyWill said:
WoW is the only game I've ever played that felt exactly like a job. It isn't fun, and I fail to believe anyone could genuinely enjoy such a dull, easy game.
Over 10 million people are paying to be bored! Makes sense! If you've played anytime in the last two years you'd realize how little effort is required in this game, it's the reason I quit playing.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
yundex said:
Over 10 million people are paying to be bored! Makes sense!
Logical fallacy: Band wagon appeal.

If you've played anytime in the last two years you'd realize how little effort is required in this game, it's the reason I quit playing.
It's not really effort. It's how you need to level up 84 times to get to the REAL game Blizzard intends for you to enjoy.

You fart around for 84 levels, which is boring. You need to level up your professions, which is boring.

I never said it was hard. I said it was time consuming and boring.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I'm not sure how there could be a "flood of noobs" when the game is already filled to the brim with idiots. I swear some of these people shouldn't be allowed on a computer, for their own safety.