Wow, next gen. console coming sooner then expected.

irmrbrian

Nov 25, 2009
I think the other two rumors were the Xbox 180 (portable), and the Wii Nii a hilarious name for a rumor that me and a friend started that now seems freakishly possible (what have I done)

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
WTF 720? Im not sure microsoft would be uncreative enough to call it THAT

But still 2012 is still 2 years away and that's long enough for me

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
i agree with the G4 post.
we have great consoles now and should just stick with these for .. well even more then 3 years i guess.
and that article is BS :p

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Whatever happened to Apple's Console?
I seem to recall a year or so ago there were rumblings that Apple was working on a project to consider leaping into the console fight.

In all honesty, I think it would be interesting to see Apple toss their hat in the ring. They certainly know how to market and have a strong base. A fresh entry into the console war might completely change the gaming market... and considering how huge the Gaming industry is (almost as powerful an entertainment industry as the film industry now, certainly with production values and profit), they have to at least be seriously considering ways to grab a chunk of that pie. Sure the Ipod touch is a nice little handheld but it's no DS or PSP.

I also remember something about one of the Korean companies preparing a console... i think like the same company that attempted the Ngage.

Of course I also recall Motorola considering the same, but i think that whatever they were considering they've long since decided against it.

Dec 16, 2009
when the next box does eventually come out, i hope they design it so it doesnt have such a high failure rate

and that the next gen has full backwards compatibility

TBR

Nov 23, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
I seem to recall a year or so ago there were rumblings that Apple was working on a project to consider leaping into the console fight.

In all honesty, I think it would be interesting to see Apple toss their hat in the ring. They certainly know how to market and have a strong base. A fresh entry into the console war might completely change the gaming market... and considering how huge the Gaming industry is (almost as powerful an entertainment industry as the film industry now, certainly with production values and profit), they have to at least be seriously considering ways to grab a chunk of that pie. Sure the Ipod touch is a nice little handheld but it's no DS or PSP.

I also remember something about one of the Korean companies preparing a console... i think like the same company that attempted the Ngage.

Of course I also recall Motorola considering the same, but i think that whatever they were considering they've long since decided against it.
Yes, in theory it would be a good way for Apple to make money...

...until you realise that every single person in Apple's target demographic ALREADY OWNS A WII.

As for a handheld, if they can continue from the success of the iPhone and it's library of over 9000 games (lol free Unity engine), then they'd be onto an absolute winner. The iPhone has a game for everyone, and the developer's tools are ridiculously easy to get your hands on, and from what I hear the $$$ side isn't bad at all. Up the power to something more like a PS1 or PSP, but KEEP the online distribution and the easy development, and suddenly the PSP and DS will be bending over begging to take it in the behind.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
I call shenanigans. I reckon Sony has extended plans for the PS3 given their investment and i sincerely doubt MS would coin Xbox 720

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
I don't think they need to make any new consoles. I think these three have found their market and there's not much more they can do in order to improve graphics or performance so why bother making a new console which will lose them money? It would be an absolutely ridiculous move unless some revolutionary new technology has been invented, which we would've heard about.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
TBR said:
HyenaThePirate said:

Yes, in theory it would be a good way for Apple to make money...

...until you realise that every single person in Apple's target demographic ALREADY OWNS A WII.

As for a handheld, if they can continue from the success of the iPhone and it's library of over 9000 games (lol free Unity engine), then they'd be onto an absolute winner. The iPhone has a game for everyone, and the developer's tools are ridiculously easy to get your hands on, and from what I hear the $$$ side isn't bad at all. Up the power to something more like a PS1 or PSP, but KEEP the online distribution and the easy development, and suddenly the PSP and DS will be bending over begging to take it in the behind.
LOL i never thought about that.. Apple gaming console = wii..
Can you imagine.. if nintendo.. and Apple ever got it into their little heads to partner up?
Maybe make a DS Phone?
or a DSiPod..

HOLY SHNIKES.. DSiPod?? I just stumbled across something so horrible...but so perfect..