wow or guild wars?

Nhilus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes, everyone IS differen't but on Counter-Strike: Source you don't see noobs killing the pro's, because of tactics that the pro's have evolved over a seriously long amount of time and it's the same with every game. With an exeption of SSBB.
on CSS you don't see a game you see a simple mechanic of point and click in which there is no such thing as a noob, anyone can click on someone else.

If you want to choose between WoW and guild wars then as a person who has played both listen up, Guildwars has more realistic Graphics and a story driven plot however the gameplay is almost exactly the same as WoW, WoW charges monthly but because of this they have more money to play with when it comes to designing new content and features, WoW also doesn't focus on a single story when you are leveling a char you will find that you encounter multipul storys all driven by the games lore, it has slightly cartoony grapics enkeeping with the grapical style of WC3, as for players you will find that most of the players on GW don't like other players whereas on WoW the players generaly are willing to play with others.

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Nhilus said:
on CSS you don't see a game you see a simple mechanic of point and click in which there is no such thing as a noob, anyone can click on someone else.
Let's apply that logic to say... The Civilization series and you won't get the same result as strategy is a huge part of all MMOs especially PvP, but if you're talking about RuneScape-style PvP then no, you are absolutely right, as long as you have a better weapon then your opponent then you are going to win. Unless the person you're fighting is a lucky prick...

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
it takes about the same amount of time to get to lvl 70(in WoW) as it does to get to lvl 20(in GW. also, who ever heard or somone grinding to get to lvl 80? we do quests for a reason, faster xp in triplicate. play wow, loads more content
It takes about an average of 7+ days of game play to reach level 70 and most of the quests are just copied from quests in the starting zone and some of the words changed, of course this is standard for MMOs today but a bit of variation in quests would be nice once in a while. Also I have heard that WoW has a bigger item inventory (as in the amount of items in the game) compared to Guild Wars but since there can be over 3 versions of the same armour it?s hard to stand up to that.

ice spirit

Jan 21, 2009
GW is far more better, no grinding, no monthly costs. Also is GW in my opinion more about skilz then WoW as with WoW you can take as much skills as you want with you, although with GW you can only take 8 and of those 8 only 3 PvE skills, which makes it a lot more about tactics. What motivates me to play GW is that the use of a party is much more important then with other MMORPGs, which adds another level of tactics and not being able to heal with potions makes you rely more on your team. And honestly whats more fun, being able to fend off 5 w/r with pets(elite zaishen) on your own with a crit scythe build or grinding for hours by just randomly mashing buttons.

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
potions are for when you don't have a team, when you're on the brink of destrucion but you don't want to die a potion is to be used. and grinding isn't the only way to lvl in wow, stop implying that it is.
clearly you have never played wow, it is not button mashing, every button can be assigned to do somthing for you, usually the numbers are the best for combat, every class has different attacks that help in different sittuations. e.g. watching a rogue players keystrokes seems like button mashing 1-1-1-1-2 etc. but the all have spesific funcions, pressing one will perform "sinister strike" (by default)and 2 will perform "eviserate". "eviserate" can only be performed if certain things are done to the target first, in the average case it is "sinister strike" about 5 times.
its difficult to explain, but when you start playing you get the hang of things. ITS NOT RANDOM BUTTON MASHING.,
I have played WoW for about 6 months (regrettably) and I have become fairly aware with game play mechanics. So two things:

1 ? With some classes it IS random button mashing (pressed the eviscerate button until the other player dies isn?t really fun to me?) but with the other?s it requires a lot of skill, like priests, warlocks, etc.
2 ? The quests are like grinding (keyword: like) but don?t pose much of difficulty until you reach the higher levels.

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
WoW has More Endgame Content
You are right about this, but what motivates the player to get to level 80 with about 1,000+ hours to get there, and after you reach level 80 what exactly is there to do? Grind instances, grind PvP points, grind for better armour, grind for better weapons. Do you see a little trend starting?

The only reason why I play MMOs is because of the guilds and what I thought was a good storyline, for example: Warcraft III has a great storyline and since at the beginning at every Warcraft game there is a different reason why you want to kill the Horde/Alliance I would've thought that Blizzard would do the smart thing and bring the series to a close with a big finale. Blizzard obviously wanted to get more money so they made an MMO, and ever since then WoW has left a massive fingerprint of the MMO industry.

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
NONE OF IT IS REALLY GRINDING YOU TWAT
Yes it is.

Zeeky_Santos said:
besides WoW is a great social enviroment aswell
I would rather talk to my friends in real life then over an MMO, and joining a guild really has no point then to talk to more people over in America about how pointless the Redridge quests are.

Zeeky_Santos said:
clearly your "6 months" of "experiance" were poorly invested.
This part confuses me, if you are trying to call me inexperienced then fine but backup your statement next time. More to the point: if your version of an experienced player is someone who loves every bit of the game then your a "Fanboy" or "Partyboy" or whatever they call it and this is clearly a biased argument. I am just trying to point out that WoW has a needless amount of grinding and in my opinion is a waste of time.

Zeeky_Santos said:
YOU ARE A N00B
The word "noob" has absolutely no meaning to me as it is over used.

Jul 23, 2008
I could never really get into guild wars. It didn't really feel all too welcoming. there was something about the beginning quests in WoW that just eased you into it nice and slow. WoW is probably the better choice, but guild wars is pretty good aswell.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Flarvii said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
clearly your "6 months" of "experiance" were poorly invested.
This part confuses me, if you are trying to call me inexperienced then fine but backup your statement next time. More to the point: if your version of an experienced player is someone who loves every bit of the game then your a "Fanboy" or "Partyboy" or whatever they call it and this is clearly a biased argument. I am just trying to point out that WoW has a needless amount of grinding and in my opinion is a waste of time.
I really gotta agree here.
I played WoW for about 6 or 7 months, and it was fun at first...and then it just got boring. I remember logging on and saying to myself "UGH I still have to do THIS quest and go get THIS stuff and find THIS flower..." And I shouldn't really be saying that about a game...that I'm paying monthly for. If I'm not having fun, then why am I playing the game?

And I have plenty of friends who play hard-core, and are level 80 and all that crap and they say the same thing: "The REAL game is at the end!" or "It doesn't REALLY start until you reach level 60/70/80!". So I have to plow and wade through 60 to 80 levels of grinding...just so I can jump right back into grinding for the high-tiered gear?

Yeah, no thanks.

Grimm91

Jan 8, 2009
I have played both WOW and Guild wars. In the end for me WOW won. Just because I liked the classes and the people better. Yes, the whole pay to play makes me mad with WOW but I can deal with it.

Flarvii

Jan 21, 2009
Baby Tea said:
And I have plenty of friends who play hard-core, and are level 80 and all that crap and they say the same thing: "The REAL game is at the end!" or "It doesn't REALLY start until you reach level 60/70/80!". So I have to plow and wade through 60 to 80 levels of grinding...just so I can jump right back into grinding for the high-tiered gear?
This is almost exactly what my friends keep on telling me to do and they claim that the game isn't repetitive *cough*

_Serendipity_

Jun 15, 2008
If you want to try a MMO, I advise dipping your toes in first with a free one like Fiesta Online [http://fiesta.outspark.com/], just to see if you like the format.

TOFUM4ST3R

Nov 11, 2008
Get neither of them. It is better to wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic. In the meantime, check out some free-to-play MMOs to observe how you enjoy them.

s-l-u-g

Sep 5, 2008
interms of money: GW
Plot: GW
Look: GW
and in my experiance the GW community is much friendlier to noobs. which you are from lv's 1-18 from looks of things.

May 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Try heroin - it'll end up dominating your life less.

nah I'd like to stay away from that sort of thing.I'm aware of how WoW takes over peoples lifes lol so that's sort of making me go to guild wars more..

rossatdi said:
sorry user name taken. said:
since I've asked i' like to play a mmo online I've had people arguing about what i should go on.

what is better? or more fun or if there are any other mmo rpg's out there..

=[
Choose life.

Seriously man, do something more constructive with your time!

college doesn't start till sept D= and I'm trying to keep my mind preoccupied with something else till then.