benbenthegamerman said:
TsunamiWombat said:
Amnestic said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
GothmogII said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
sogortheogre said:
gof22 said:
I need to download this patch when I get home.I can't wait to get Shadowmourne as a weapon. But, I also don't believe Blizzard would let the Lich King die so easily to a group of 10/25 raiders.
FROSTmourne
Frostmourne is the Lich King's weapon.

Shadowmourne is the legendary axe that players will be able to get. A sort of fragment of Frostmourne's power.
Doubt though you'll really get to 'beat' him beat him right? Then again, I never really thought they'd really let you kill Illidan either, so who knows.
Well, villains rarely survive encounters with the players, and one way or another he's out of the picture by the time Cataclysm rolls around, so...

I have no doubt that the final fight will have you fighting alongside Jaina/Varian/Sylvanas/Garrosh/Tirion/Darion, though. So it's not like it's just the PCs.
Placing my bet on Jaina and Muradin for the Alliance, Sylvanas and Saurfang Senior for the Horde with Tirion/Darion being there for both factions.

Besides Sylvanas and Saurfang, none of the other major Horde characters have a massive beef with Arthas. At least, not to the extent of Sylvanas or Jaina.
Isn't Muradin dead? Arthas killed him in WC3.
yeah, um he... its a quest chain for alliance in dragonblight. youll see...

also @ Amnestic:

um, how about Lor'themar Theron?
I said "Major" character. Lady Liadrin is a more prominent lore Blood Elf than Lor'themar. Plus, as I said, not really got a major story beef, not more than any other Blood elf.

Shaegor

Oct 29, 2009
Amnestic said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
GothmogII said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
sogortheogre said:
gof22 said:
I need to download this patch when I get home.I can't wait to get Shadowmourne as a weapon. But, I also don't believe Blizzard would let the Lich King die so easily to a group of 10/25 raiders.
FROSTmourne

Shadowmourne is the legendary axe that players will be able to get. A sort of fragment of Frostmourne's power.
Doubt though you'll really get to 'beat' him beat him right? Then again, I never really thought they'd really let you kill Illidan either, so who knows.
Well, villains rarely survive encounters with the players, and one way or another he's out of the picture by the time Cataclysm rolls around, so...

I have no doubt that the final fight will have you fighting alongside Jaina/Varian/Sylvanas/Garrosh/Tirion/Darion, though. So it's not like it's just the PCs.
Placing my bet on Jaina and Muradin for the Alliance, Sylvanas and Saurfang Senior for the Horde with Tirion/Darion being there for both factions.

Besides Sylvanas and Saurfang, none of the other major Horde characters have a massive beef with Arthas. At least, not to the extent of Sylvanas or Jaina.
Forgot to ask this before... Why does Saurfang have a beef with Arthas? The Wrath Gate incident?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Shaegor said:
Amnestic said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
GothmogII said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
sogortheogre said:
gof22 said:
FROSTmourne

Forgot to ask this before... Why does Saurfang have a beef with Arthas? The Wrath Gate incident?
Yeah. Killing your only child tends to leave a black mark. I doubt Saurfang was all too happy about it.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
EU servers don't get this till tomorrow. Hopefully i'll be able to get on and the servers won't have crashed. Great to see they're finally concluding the story they started in Warcraft 3, seven years ago.

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Ahh can't wait till I get home from work!!

For those who don't play WoW, and are interested in what happened to Muradin, go here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Muradin_Bronzebeard

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
yes get home so you can sit through waiting for hours for servers to come back up and boss bugs in icecrown. always happens on patch days...

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
hansari said:
Soooo...has Arthus been sitting there this whole time? I mean thats the ending to the Frozen Throne...but how do they play off his absence this whole time? I mean Saruman took a while to summon an army, but Arthus just summoned a dragon like its no big deal...

Does the WoW universe start you off before Warcraft 3?
when you are so powerful that you can continue your own existance despite killing yourself, a Blue Wurm is nothing

sogortheogre

Apr 20, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
sogortheogre said:
gof22 said:
FROSTmourne

Oh, didn't know that, hehe. Thought he was referring to the Lich King's weapon. I stopped playing right before Ulduar came out, haven't payed too much attention since.

Garaw

Sep 22, 2009
Couldn't give any less of a shit about WoW these days. Got all the junk out of my system.

I give it a week before some European guild puts Arthas in a box.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
I hope we get some dialog like this:

Arthas: "And now I will kill you all!"
Jaina: "But Arthas! You can't just--"
Arthas: "IT'S DONE!"

Teehee.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
sogortheogre said:
gof22 said:
FROSTmourne

You have to wonder, in 10 years after this patch, everyone will have this axe (that's in the game.) How can one sword break off into 11 million pieces for an axe? Plus how did the final bosses get a major growth spert?

/rage

My Brother is willing to pay for WoW if I give him 2/3 payment.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
breadlord said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
sogortheogre said:
gof22 said:
FROSTmourne

You have to wonder, in 10 years after this patch, everyone will have this axe (that's in the game.) How can one sword break off into 11 million pieces for an axe? Plus how did the final bosses get a major growth spert?

/rage
It's meant to be so all the raiders can see them during combat a representation of just how über powerful they are.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Totally starting this again, until Cataclysm begins atleast. I've given to much to WoW/Warcraft as a whole to just ignore it.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I left because the server my friends decided to join had no one playing instances... I heard about cross server groups and left until then.

So installing right now. :)
Might actually get to a high level this time and get to a raid... doubt it though.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
At last! :D
You WoW players had better post videos of taking down the Lich King, all right? I want to see this :)

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
So right when my time card runs out of...well, time, they decide to launch 3.3?!?! Dammit!!!

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
The Ice Crown dungeons are fun, and the voice-overs for the bosses sound awesome...