WoW Players Raise $800k for Make-A-Wish

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Cgull said:
Fair play to the guys at Blizzard (as wll as the players that donated of course), it's always nice to see something like this appear on the site, re-affirms my faith in humanity a little bit.

I also feel I should ask, is 'check' the Americanised version of 'cheque' or is it mis-spelled? (I'm not trying to cast any aspersions over Lord Funk's spelling, merely curious)
Yes, it is. You Euros and your silly unnecessary qu's :p

DoctorPhil said:
I wonder how much of that money The Kotick is gonna make disappear.....
Considering that it was on the check that Mike Morhaime handed the Wish guys, probably none of it. He can't take money that isn't in ActiBlizz coffers.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Bags159 said:
They got a pet; it's insignificant but it's still something in return. I guess I'm just annoyed that people need to be bribed into "donating".
Ya, that trend has started to annoy me as well. But hey, I figure if it gets people off their asses to give to a good cause then they can have their moon-chicken for all I care.

OT: Great story, hopefully we get to see more stuff like this more frequently.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
What I think would be a really awesome next step is to have the kids who have their wish at Blizzard to have a version of themselves put into the game, either as quest givers, NPCs in hubs or even as supporting hero NPCs in dungeons/raids. That way as long as WoW lives, so do their gaming spirits.

Even better than that, Blizzard could go on to have versions of them in all their games, as monuments to legendary heroes, or as characters of historical importance in the lore. It would be a wonderful way to thank them for their interest and dedication despite medical conditions that otherwise try take everything away from them.