Wow-The legend of Korra Finale

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Amethyst Wind said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Orange12345 said:
I thought it was alright, my only two complaints are amon's back story was a bit tactless and the deus ex machina ending other then that everything was pretty good. All in all a very good show 7.5/10, not as good as the last airbender but still one of the best cartoons around.

BTW does anyone know if there is going to be a second season? if so when?
There is, and it'll probably be out next year at the same time give or take a month or two. But yeah, I wouldn't say this had the lasting impact on me as say MLP:FiM or Adventure Time did, but it was definitely a very good show. I'll probably watch the second season when it's out, but I won't really be as excited as I will be when season 3 of MLP or season 4 of Adventure Time comes out.
I thought the reason the 1st season was cut in half was that they were scrapping the show?

If they do choose to continue, I'd like them to do 3 more 'books' but not with water/earth/fire. I think they should stay lost to Korra outside of the Avatar state. I'd prefer the three books be Metal/Lightning/Blood, the three offshoots of the elemental bends (I'd have suggested sandbending but I'm quite torn as to whether that's derived from Air or Earth bending), if they do it that way then Korra isn't just repeating Aang's path but creating a new one.
The series was originally designed to be a mini-series of 12 episodes. Due to the popularity and fangasm that resulted during the announcement/production of the series Nickelodeon decided to pick up at least one more season for 14 episodes. The creators have expressed an interest in even more seasons with a statement about having ideas for more stories after the end of the second season if Nick wants them.

I imagine they will be using different titles for the books than Water/Earth/Fire as those were used previously in TLAB and I'd imagine they'd want to easily differentiate between them chapters. I'm thinking the next is going to be "Energy" or "Spirit" but who knows.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
They have green lit another season I am really curious what they are going to do with it. Personally I want Korra to go around the world fixing stuff like David Carradine did in Kung Fu.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Navvan said:

2. Amon/Tarrok'ss background came out of nowhere. It wasn't bad, but it was abrupt and looking back only alluded to in one scene in a previous episode (where Amon overcomes Tarroks bloodbending). I'm still confused how blood bending can be used to cut someone off from their bending ability which is left incredibly vague.
I wasn't that surprised. When Amon attacked and took away Tarlok in episode 9(?) he personally carries him off to the truck. Something he's never been shown to do. Then, he leaves the Avatar, one of the most powerful benders in the world, to his Lieutenant and a few chi-blockers. You'd think he would have gone after this huge target himself, no? Also the foreshadowing in the Tarlok/Korra fight, "You're just as bad as Amon" etc.

We also know that bending has something to do with the chakras which exist physically inside your body. Bloodbending could somehow cut off the bloodflow to these chakras. That said, I really don't think it needs explaining.

4. The most egregious example of rushed scenes is the very end where Korra gets her abilities back due to "hitting rock bottom and connecting to the spirit world". Still it was nice to see Aang and the other Avatars again albeit briefly. That should of been a whole episode (the first of the next season) in my opinion.
Eh, I liked it. Not nearly as bad as a giant lion-turtle and the significance of energy-bending has been foreshadowed a number of times.

5. Tarroks character takes a 180 personallity turn. From powerhungery to a remorseful good guy. He goes from being willing to take out the Avatar and worm his way into power to suddenly realizing that this is exactly the opposite of what he wanted his entire life.
I really think it was quite realistic. Tarlok was power-hungry but he was never evil. In his fight with Korra when she says he is just as bad as Amon he really flips out. He does not want to be the monster his father was, and he becomes just as bad without realizing it. Sometimes you need to have your power taken away before you can realize how you were abusing it.

OT: I loved it. The fights were the best they've been and I was tearing up at the end
when Aang showed up

Amazing amazing amazing.

I can't wait for next season.

soh45400

Jun 1, 2012
The original Avatar was one of my favorite shows and I watched the first two episodes of this on Nick's website then noticed the picture with Bolin, Korra and Mako and was promptly reminded to Twilight and began to hate it, counting this series an another sacrifice to Twilight fans. If someone can conform that this has not been ruined by a two guy one girl triangle(which I really HATE now) then I will watch it.

fnlrpa

Dec 14, 2010
soh45400 said:
The original Avatar was one of my favorite shows and I watched the first two episodes of this on Nick's website then noticed the picture with Bolin, Korra and Mako and was promptly reminded to Twilight and began to hate it, counting this series an another sacrifice to Twilight fans. If someone can conform that this has not been ruined by a two guy one girl triangle(which I really HATE now) then I will watch it.
Don't worry, it's not. The shipping is relatively small and the show is excellent overall. Also the love triangle is two girls one boy.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
soh45400 said:
Just that? And you'll promise us that you'll watch it? Then, no, no, no, no, NO. Now GO watch it! Watch it and be amazed!

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
spectrenihlus said:
They have green lit another season I am really curious what they are going to do with it. Personally I want Korra to go around the world fixing stuff like David Carradine did in Kung Fu.
Seeing as how she now has the ability to restore bending, that would be an awesome possibility.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
DJ_DEnM said:
uneek said:
DJ_DEnM said:
I personally loved it, but I've talked to people who've said they hated the ending, was forced and does not imply a season 2.
What exactly was forced?
Oh sorry. I meant:
The Makorra shipping

Was forced
I see that. I'm not really feeling Mako's character, but if he wants to be with Korra that's fine with me. I never really care who ends up with who. Why should that be important in a story like this?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Just finished watching it. It was pretty awesome, I have a few complaints.

1. A lot of it seemed pretty rushed. Like, Amon's origin story just kinda came out of nowhere after being a really slow burn for the whole season. Same with Korra getting her bending back. It took like, 10 seconds. I mean, what the hell is season 2 supposed to be about? She's already a fully realized avatar. There's not really anything that could possibly challenge her now.

2. Yeah, Mako is kind a douche. If he had never dated Asami, it would've been fine. But he did, so he a douche.

Anyway, everything else was REALLY awesome.
I have to agree that a lot of things seemed rushed. Frankly I think Nickelodeon only gave them a season so they had to fit in an entire plot arc unlike the more paced Legend of Aang. The love triangle felt completely pointless and Bo Lin was such a better character than Mako who seemed to be a bit of a non entity. The Asami thing annoyed me too she seemed like an awesome girl and he's just like lolnvmavatar!.

I kind of got annoyed at how often Korra would end up getting rescued as well....She's the Avatar not a damsel in distress >_>

Apart from those annoyances I really really enjoyed the show. Amon felt threatening and I felt really anxious for Korra and liked her as a character. I found myself anxious to watch another episode.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
uneek said:
DJ_DEnM said:
uneek said:
DJ_DEnM said:
I personally loved it, but I've talked to people who've said they hated the ending, was forced and does not imply a season 2.
What exactly was forced?
Oh sorry. I meant:
The Makorra shipping

Was forced
I see that. I'm not really feeling Mako's character, but if he wants to be with Korra that's fine with me. I never really care who ends up with who. Why should that be important in a story like this?
You have made powerful fangirl enemies this day my friend.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
NegaWiki said:
This was an awesome episode, but there were a few things that really bugged me.
The whole Mako and Korra getting together really left a bad taste in my mouth because I had watched the episode that ended with Korra telling him that Asami "needed" him. I don't think he actually broke up with Asami before the end. Great lesson to teach, cheating on your girl/boy friend with someone you love is OK!
Also they didn't explain anything about taking away bending, arguably the biggest question on everyones mind.
Mako was really, really, really, terribly written. I cringed every time he spoke.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Also the only part that seemed rather weak to me was when Naga rescued Iroh, Asami, and Bolin from the prison. I felt that was kind of deus ex machiny.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Hannibal942 said:
NegaWiki said:
The whole Mako and Korra getting together really left a bad taste in my mouth because I had watched the episode that ended with Korra telling him that Asami "needed" him. I don't think he actually broke up with Asami before the end. Great lesson to teach, cheating on your girl/boy friend with someone you love is OK!
Also they didn't explain anything about taking away bending, arguably the biggest question on everyones mind.
Mako was really, really, really, terribly written. I cringed every time he spoke.
So we all agree that book 2 will be Mako being assassinated? :D (It almost felt like they were playing up to the Katara and Zuko shippers to me lol)

spectrenihlus said:
Also the only part that seemed rather weak to me was when Naga rescued Iroh, Asami, and Bolin from the prison. I felt that was kind of deus ex machiny.
I thought it was really lame the way they all got caught too xD

Oh and was it just me that thought Iroh's voice was way to young for his character?

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
NegaWiki said:
Yes they did. It was the crux of the last half of the finale.

awesome ending, pretty good show. A little short, even for a season, but I'll take it.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Loved it, loved everything about it and came away with a massive smile on my face after dat ending.

My favourite character got another awesome scene too. You can see the disillusion on his crestfallen face, it says "I trusted you!"

Spoilers for the episode but hey, you're in an ending thread ;P

May 5, 2010
Mortai Gravesend said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Just finished watching it. It was pretty awesome, I have a few complaints.

1. A lot of it seemed pretty rushed. Like, Amon's origin story just kinda came out of nowhere after being a really slow burn for the whole season. Same with Korra getting her bending back. It took like, 10 seconds. I mean, what the hell is season 2 supposed to be about? She's already a fully realized avatar. There's not really anything that could possibly challenge her now.

2. Yeah, Mako is kind a douche. If he had never dated Asami, it would've been fine. But he did, so he a douche.

Anyway, everything else was REALLY awesome.
Yeah, Amon's origin story came in way too fast it felt like. I mean I liked it, but it didn't feel like they did it much justice. And Korra's bending as well.

But when it comes to season 2, well consider the things the previous avatars before Aang mentioned to him. Sounds like they faced some things that they had a hard time dealing wit hbefore. Like the last waterbeding avatar, Kuruk, losing his wife to Koh. They're not exactly all powerful. Korra also would probably have to still deal with the inequality between benders and non-benders I'd think. Doubt the resentment would just go away.
Speaking of Koh, I'm really hoping he comes back in some way. I wasn't truly impressed with "Last Airbender" until Koh was introduced. He was so awesome and creepy. AND he said he would see Aang again, but it seems like he never did.

Of course, Aang is Korra's past life....

Jul 22, 2009
For some reason Korra constantly seems to be up and down for me, as a general perspective on the whole series I hate the way they moved away from the spiritual side of things.

Aang struggled and spent so long trying to master the spiritual side of the Avatar and to connect with the others and master the avatar state, that moment when he nearly completely lost the ability to enter the avatar state so he could save Katara was absolutely incredible, they just kind of handed it to Korra while she was feeling down, I hate to compare it but it's going to happen regardless, but Korra just feels cheapened in some way.

Where are the same amazing moments like when Toph first managed to metal bend? Or the amazing and emotional moments where Aang in rage would be taken by the avatar state and sweep away fire nation fleets with ease.

Also Amon's death felt rather cheap, he was built up to be this huge enemy who could shrug off bending attacks with ease, then he dies in a poxy explosion?

He'll probably come back, but it didn't seem justifying.

I want to love Korra but whenever I start to get into it, I'm jerked back into cynicism by something or other.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
spectrenihlus said:
uneek said:
DJ_DEnM said:
uneek said:
DJ_DEnM said:
What exactly was forced?
Oh sorry. I meant:
The Makorra shipping

Was forced
You have made powerful fangirl enemies this day my friend.
An army of girls obsessed with a show I love coming to get me? Worse things have happened.