Wrath Of The Lich King (level cap)

Baker86

Mar 12, 2008
What are your thoughts on the new level cap of 80 for the new World Of Warcraft expansion?

and don't think just because i play WoW that i'm an addict, because i'm not.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Not much to think about, it's 10 more levels to grind. I'm more interested in Northrend itself, new places to explore, new things to do etc.

Baker86

Mar 12, 2008
ya, i just posted this topic because some ppl i talk to feel that all their work of gettin to lvl 70 now seems like it was for nothing.

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
Gothmogll is right here. The level cap isn't why I am buying it. The fact is that the Level Cap has never been the huge motivator, it's the new spells and the new talents that come along the way. And just like whent he burning crusade came out, a few weeks before it comes out, we'll have those new talents anyway (most likely)

Northrend is the seller here. It's hugely more content than anything else the game could bring.

and of course

The Ashbringer...
(Lorenerd alert)

But erm, hate to break it to you but this:
makes you look like an addict.

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
Well the theory that all that work to get to Level 70 will be wasted is a tired old theory that originated before The Burning Crusade. It is as much for nothing as it was a waste of my time at level 60. Or even I wasted my time at level 30. It is mearly progression.

If you wasted all your time at level 70, then you obviously weren't having fun at level 70. And if that is the case, why then were you playing the game?

marfoir(IRL)

Jan 11, 2008
R.Nevermore said:
then you obviously weren't having fun at level 70. And if that is the case, why then were you playing the game?
I ask WoW players this every day and I have not yet gotten an answer.

Unholypope

Apr 9, 2008
marfoir(IRL) said:
R.Nevermore said:
then you obviously weren't having fun at level 70. And if that is the case, why then were you playing the game?
I ask WoW players this every day and I have not yet gotten an answer.
Because by the time they hit 70 they were addicted and didn't realize they could do the magical thing call quit.

I know guys who plan to get back on WoW for Lich King and they are doing it for all the new content not the level cap.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
I definately hope WotLK will fix the damage TBC did to the game. It took the Warcraft out of WoW and made it into a stupid Pvp focused, epic inflated game.

I want retro servers, now!

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Baker86 said:
was that really necessary?

And so far the new WoW expansion is looking interesting. The Death Knight hero class is what i'm really looking forward to.
And apparently naxx is gonna be back too. so its good to know that kel'thuzzard isnt dead... well he better not be.

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
I wasn't too thrilled about it. I like the idea of a new area to explore and so on (even though Outland is so freaking awesome). I actually quit WoW when they announced WOTLK cause I didn't have another 10 levels in me! xD Especially if it is the same time as 60 - 70. Though I had fun through those 10 levels. Whatever!

rusty_cage

Mar 27, 2008
gibboss28 said:
And apparently naxx is gonna be back too. so its good to know that kel'thuzzard isnt dead... well he better not be.
He better be, I don't wanna see him running around with skin on him! :p

Baelinicus

Apr 10, 2008
Hehehe, I got addicted to WoW till I hit 70. Then it just sucked, because there was nothing to aim for. But I might check out WotLK for the level cap because I like the challenge of levelling, and also exploring Northrend.

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
Baelinicus said:
Hehehe, I got addicted to WoW till I hit 70. Then it just sucked, because there was nothing to aim for. But I might check out WotLK for the level cap because I like the challenge of levelling, and also exploring Northrend.

I think I'm the only person on this site who plays and enjoys raiding....

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
TomNook said:
Baelinicus said:

All the raids after Cthun were pretty awfull to be honest. Vaelastraz, Ragnaros and C'thun are some of the best bossfights in gaming history. The TBC raids are just meh.

Baker86

Mar 12, 2008
gibboss28 said:
Baker86 said:

was that really necessary?
yes because it seems like every time anyone says they play WoW they are automatically an addict

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
TomNook said:
Baelinicus said:

I play and enjoy raiding. Granted I've only cleared Kara so far. But we've just downed High King Maulgar and they finished Gruul without me ¬¬ Currently working to get better gear so I can join a better guild.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
pleb said:
Can enyone tell me if its worth my money and time to play WoW.
You can try this! [https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm]

If you like MMOs then WoW is a must play, one of the most well designed games out there.

Najal

Apr 12, 2008
Levelling is easy, and you only have to do it once. Compared to other MMOs, wow is very easy to level up in.

I expect blizzard will make northrend as interesting and exciting as they did Outland, however i think that the player base will suffer if it really is just another 10 levels, another handful of zones, another lot of 5 mans, and another battalion of raid bosses to takedown.

Don't get be wrong, i'm sure theyll all be brilliant, but it doesn't seem like blizz is bringing anything new to the table. Except maybe hero classes. We'll see.

Assuming level 80 is as fun as level 70, i'll most likely still be playing :D

EDIT: (if anyone thinks its relevant, im in a Black Temple raiding guild)