X-Com: Fight for Earth. A Sci-Fi, World saving Rp *Started* *Accepting Res sheets, Apply via PM*

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Name: Akira Masuyo

Sex: A little bit of both Female

Nationality: Japanese

Appearance: A short, thin women with a slender, though conformable, body shape. Her eyes are a dull, uninteresting shade of gray, sharply contrasting with wavy black hair that has been dyed a bright and noticeable shade of red. Tattoos with a tribal design cover her arms, spiraling across her limbs in a display of black and red ink, starting at her elbows and ending at her wrists. Normally she can be seen wearing a pair of tinted red sunglasses and smiling.

Specialization:
-Excellent in the art of hand to hand combat, whether it be knives, clubs, her fists or far more bizarre (and impractical) weapons.
-Honed agility, reflexes and speed, allowing her to excel in close quarters.

Vices:
-Not entirely aware at all times
-Suicidally brave
-Tends to be childish
-Often too willing to charge in with a knife, rather than stay back and use her rifle.

Background: Born and raised in Tokyo, Akira led a rather bland life with her parents, two bothers, and three sisters. Her grades in school were good, but hardly noticeable, as where she truly excelled in was the world of sports and fitness. She participated in a number of different sports, ranging from wresting to basketball and gymnastics, excelling in all with flying colors.

Upon graduating school, however, she couldn't continue with school for the reasons of not having enough money to go to college or join a team. So, she choose the next best thing: the military. What better competition than a fight for your very life?

Fortunately for her, she was just as good as fighting as she was at sports, though never was able to grasp the concept of staying at a distance and shooting rather than charging in with the sharpest piece of metal she could find and promptly driving that into someone's neck. Needless to say, she was problematic from time to time, but her bravery went unmatched so she was never kicked out, and in fact, eventuality promoted to the reconnaissance branch. Here, she took part in all sorts of stealth and infiltration missions, where knives and the sort were favored above the firearms she was constantly being yelled at for not using, so her abilities weren't going to waste.

Within a few short years, she was hand selected for X-Com for her skill and bravery, despite her own arguments against it.

[HEADING=1]EDIT:[/HEADING] Fixed a spelling mistake I happened to overlook.

axle 19

Bearer of the Necronomicon
Aug 2, 2008
After 11 hours on two planes and no sleep in two days I finally got my computer to work so he you go Big.

Name: Marcus Flint

Sex: Male

Nationality: American, specifically Hispanic American.

Appearance: Marcus stands 5'9 with an athletic build and shoulder length unruly black hair. He has a scar running over his right eye which he hides behind a set off green lensed aviators. Finally, he constantly where's a frayed baseball hat sporting the faded logo of a forgotten baseball team.

Specialization: Marcus hand a tough childhood at a young age was forced to learn a simple lesson about survival. From the age of 13, he trained himself to be a thief and by the age of twenty, there wasn't a facility built that he couldn't break or hack his way into. As a supplement to ensuring his survival, Marcus became a firearms expert. Be it a rifle or a handgun, he take it apart for you and teach you how to (to quote the GM) shoot the wings of a fly with it.

Breaking and Entering Expert, Firearms Expert.

Vices: Marcus has two real major flaws, one the result of his childhood (a problem with authority) and one with his specializations (he has trouble resisting a challenge, be it a well secured structure or a new weapon to tackle)

Background: Never one to turn away from a challenge, Marcus hacked his way into a military base seeking to test out one of the newest weapons systems on they were developing. Unfortunately for him, though he executed it perfectly and left no traces, his movements had been monitored by the Director who gave him an ultimatum, join Xcom or take a life sentence.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Name: Corey Oland

Sex: Male

Nationality: Canadian (What? You expected Nepalese?)

Appearance: Short, shaggy, dirty brown hair, deep blue eyes, scar on the left side of his face down the temple to the top of his cheek. He's a tall guy, 6'4" and he's athletic, while slightly above the average weight. He has red, detailed maple leaves tattooed on each of his shoulders, signifying his love of his homeland.

Specialization: Has a cannon for an arm, can throw grenades/flares very long distances.
Downright deadly with his favorite gun, the .475 Wildey Magnum

Vices: He drinks. A lot. Even for a Canadian.
Also he likes the ladies. A lot.

Background: Corey grew up in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, and if you were a kid in Maple Ridge in the 90s, there was only one person you idolized. Larry Walker. Walker, the star outfield of the Expos and Rockies, was born and raise in the town, and all the kids there wanted to follow in his footsteps. Corey was no exception.

There was a problem with Corey's plan. He couldn't hit the ball to save his life. He would go down swinging at most at bats. However, he showed plenty of talent for throwing the the baseball. His coach moved him to pitcher and he started dominating the little league circuit. He only improved as he got older, attracting attention from major league scouts. When he was 17, he was selected in the 9th round of the MLB draft by the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The first couple years were rough for Corey. He spent his time shuttling between the Rookie league in Bradenton, Florida and the Low A league team in State College, Pennsylvania. The only time he ever felt at peace was when he was able to go hunting in the Appalachian forests. His dad took him on many a hunting trips when he was a kid, usually as a reward for playing so well. While the hunting rifles never proved to be his forte, he quickly took to his dad's sidearm, the Wildey Magnum. The bullets were big enough that it became his weapon of choice when hunting game.

A couple more years passed and it didn't seem like Corey was getting anywhere. He had established himself with the Single A team in Bradenton, but couldn't stick with the AA team in Altoona, PA. He was starting to get frustrated. One night, after a rough game with the Curve, he was drinking in a bar in Altoona when he decided to indulge his other love. Spotting a brunette, he tried to make some conversation, only to be spotted by the jealous boyfriend coming out of the bathroom shortly after. A fight broke out, quickly turning into a riot when other patrons were brought into the fray. During the fight, the scorned lover connected the remnants of his Red Rock Ale bottle on Corey's face, scarring it nicely. The police came shortly after.

Since he was a foreign citizen at the time of his arrest, Corey was deported. Pittsburgh terminated his contract and he was tried in Canada for his crimes. The judge gave him a choice; jail or military service. Not liking his chances in jail, and seeing an opportunity to give back to his country at the same time, Corey went for the military. He showed his abilities in baseball could transfer to the army, as his rocket arm sent grenades and sticky bombs flying towards their intended target, and his accuracy was excellent after years of aiming at a catcher's mitt. Eventually X-Com got wind of the kid, and drafted him for the squad, and Corey, seeing an opportunity to get out of the army, get some fame, and get back on track towards MLB, accepted the offer.

Whew, when I tell a story, I tell a bloody story! All right, tell me if anything needs to be changed BigZ.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
The new recruits have been added to the char-sheet spoiler and I shall announce the 'chosen' tonight after the other sheets are submitted.

Even if your name isn't on the submitted sheets doesn't mean you cant type one up! Send them in! You may get chosen and if not you will be on the reserve list should we have any drop-outs or disintegrations.

The deadline for the new sheets are 8:30pm GMT

GO GO GO!

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
The chosen shall be announced soon! A little extra time can be afforded to those finishing their sheets but I shall begin transferring the names of the accepted into the appropriate spoiler shortly.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
Ok, the accepted have been announced! Pm's being sent and OP is being written! We start at ten bells gentlemen!

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
@TTT: May I reccomend you watch this 'Lets Play' to get you started? Its a very confusing game with no tutorial and this is what taught me how to play, once you get the first steps down however, its fantasmic!

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
I was confused the deference of GMT and GMT -6 (or as I knew it, Central). I could have come up with a short, half-assed one, but I wouldn't have been happy with it.

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
@Orange: You are still on the reserve list and if you type up a sheet and pm it to me, You could get the spare place on the team. No rush however, there's plenty of time for people to die and need replacing XD

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
Damn o_O this ************ is tough! I reckon it'll get more fun when I get used to the controls >.>

I shall watch more of the Let's Play that Big said first :D

On that note, how long Big, I'm being impatient :p

The Zango

Apr 30, 2009
The OP isn't the most breathtaking but I assure you, when the RP gains momentum the rest of my writing will be of much better quality. Once you've all posted I'll continue the story.

[HEADING=1]Act 1[/HEADING]​
[HEADING=2]Beginnings[/HEADING]

Kasai

A chill breeze swept through the RusCom base and right up Kasai Takaeda's spine.

'The recruits have arrived then'

It was about damn time that the recruits arrived, he'd requested HQ send them months ago and they were only just arriving. That's the way it was, out here they were marginalised and forgotten. But Kasai wasn't going to let some desk-bound pencil pusher stop him. He had fought Yakuza, Triad and now it was his time to fight aliens, to fight the fight that really mattered.

From down in the hangar came Victors voice, he was directing the recruits to there chairs in his usual no nonsense gruff baritone. Kasai went to his window and saw the recruits, sat waiting patiently in there seats.

'Could have picked worse I suppose'

Victor looked up, saw Kasai watching them and gave a curt nod. Kasai nodded back, adjusted his suit and descended the stairs from his small office to the floor of the hangar.

"This is RusCom and if you thought the fight for Earth would be challenging or exciting then think again. I trust you have met Victor, he is the base Foreman and second in command. I am Commander Takeada. Get settled into your barracks, read the dossiers provided and get comfy"

With that he gave them a small, formal bow and ascended the stairs back to his office.

Victor
Once Kasai was back in his office Victor turned to the recruits and beckoned for them to follow him. He led them down a few twisting corridors until finally they arrived in a surprisingly cosy looking barrack.

Four sets of bunk beds were situated in the four corners of the room with large metal footlockers situated at the ends of each one. Despite the walls, floor and ceiling being made of a sterile looking steel, Victor still considered the place home.

"You shall sleep here. Once you have selected beds head over to armoury, map is on the wall" said Victor in his usual fractured English, whilst motioning towards the map he had spoken about. He left the recruits to their own devices and headed back to the armoury.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
Ethan quickly shuffled through the other recruits to the bunk bed on the far side of the room in the right corner. He tossed his duffel bag on top of the bed before jumping up himself. The beds felt like crap.

"It's going to be a rough time trying to get to sleep in here," Ethan mumbled to himself and let out a sigh before jumping back down and loading his possessions into the footlocker.

When he was finished he turned to the 5 other recruits,? So are we going to do introductions are not," Ethan let out a small smirk.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Oh I just bet, TTT. I just bet.

Oh, and the bio has been changed BigZ. IF you can update the main post, that'll be awesome.

"What the hell?" Corey remarked as he saw the accommodations. "Isn't this supposed to be some secret super team or something? They really couldn't do any better than this? I stayed in places in Oneida nicer then this."

He hoisted his bag up onto the top bunk in the back left corner. "If you want a name, it's Corey," he said to the other bed claimer.

Nukey

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2009
Akira stumbled into the room, gently rubbing her eyes and struggling to remain awake. The flight hadn't been easy on her, crossing over time zones always played tricks with the brain, so as far as she knew it was just absurdly early in the morning. After picking out a bed, the one in the far corner, she turned towards the others as they had began their own introductions.

"Name's Akira," She muttered, not wanting to reveal her complete lack of knowledge in the English language, "Akira Masuyo"

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
"Nice to meet you Akira," Ethan smiled in her direction then turned to Corey,? you too."

He moved his way back over to his footlocker and pulled out a family size bag of Heres barbeque chips. He started to eat them as he continued to introduce himself.

"I'm Ethan, Ethan Ryker. I like long walks on the beach, water color painting and blowing shit up."

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Corey looked over the remaining group from his perch on his newly claimed bunk. Let's see who we got in this group. Akira, she's not bad. What's with the red though? I mean, love the color, but in your hair? And those tattoos...I dunno, at least she's got the whole Asian thing going on. And, WHOA! Holy hell! Blondie's a freaking babe! Damn, I....damn! On the surface Corey was trying to maintain his laid back demeanor, but inside his head, it was anything but. Wow. I mean, what is a girl like that doing in the army? Shit! I'd take that all around town! Wow, just wow, hope she's English. Work my magic tongue on her. See if I can do anything with this dang scar on my face now. Lousy punk. If I ever find that sorry SOB, I'm going to jam a keystone so far up his ass he'll be throwing up gravel! That other chick wasn't even all that great, but damn! I gotta go after Blondie.

Corey sat up in his bunk, digging through his bag, looking to make sure his valuables were still intact. He breathed a sigh of relief finding his iPod safe. "There we go. Anyway yeah, I'm Canadian. Take everything you've heard about us in stereotypes and that's pretty much me. Saves explaining."

the Tadman

Apr 15, 2009
Horus shyly paced over to the only bunk bed still unoccupied by anyone. He Climbed over to the top bunk and sat down. Shuffling through his newsboy bag he drew out a family picture, glancing over it quickly so the other recruits couldn't spot it, he hid it under his pillow.

"I should fly less, it always gives me a headache" Horus rubbed his face with his palms, trying to stop the headache, alas it didn't work.

Time Travelling Toaster

The Toast with the 'Tache
Mar 1, 2009
"Oh joy," Groa purrs at Ethan's introduction, "we already have a psychotic bomber."

She saunters across to her bunk, feeling at least one set of eyes following her, "I suppose I should introduce myself now? My name is Groa, Groa Marvik. At least I shan't be the only female in this team, maybe I won't be the object of all your desires," she smiles thinly looking across the room at the team, before turning to place herself and her bag on the bunk she had chosen.

Why is playing a vain character so fun?