X-Philes

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Well, we're not getting it hear for a bit in UK, but after rewatching Mysterious Cities of gold, and replaying beyond and evil...

Totally get where Erin is in the last panel.

Lodum

Jul 30, 2012
Never been an X-Files fan, so I was very curious why she got so excited about John Cena's theme.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Remember when conspiracy theories were fun? Unlike now with the 9/11 truthers, the Obama birthers and the sovereign citizen movement.
When we thought FEMA could take over the entire country, rather than being unable to take over New Orleans even with a federal, state, local and popular mandate.
Then again, the government did mess with the water supply of Flint....

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I will neither confirm nor deny that I may have watched this hypothetical show online.
Nor do I have the authority to confirm any findings regarding the likely reaction to said hypothetical show aligning with that of Erin.

The presence of any number of men catagorized by acronym nomenclature is purely rumour mongering and likely the work of conspiracy theorists.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Lodum said:
Never been an X-Files fan, so I was very curious why she got so excited about John Cena's theme.
Maybe she was shocked to have been able to see him. I know I get pretty giddy from time to time.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
TheSYLOH said:
Remember when conspiracy theories were fun? Unlike now with the 9/11 truthers, the Obama birthers and the sovereign citizen movement.
When we thought FEMA could take over the entire country, rather than being unable to take over New Orleans even with a federal, state, local and popular mandate.
Yeah the original X-Files the extent of conspiracy theories didn't go much farther than the government covering up extra terrestrial content. Which made sense because the extended series story revolved around a discrete alien invasion, which brings it into the sci-fi category. Most episodes though it was just investigating the 'monster of the week' which was purely a paranormal event without any conspiracies involved.

We'll see where it goes but not sure how much I like the new season retconning the previous alien stuff and diving straight most of the current whack job conspiracies, as years on the internet have shown those just aren't as fun. In particular I don't like how Mulder immediately buys into the whole idea plus how the conspirators are a cabal of pure evil elitists who are going to screw over the entire world for their own gain?

Vladimir Eremeyev

Sep 23, 2012
Could've made a better name to play on nostalgia part. Like "X-Feels", or "Right in the X-Feels".
Shame that S10 so far sucks balls.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
I liked the X-Files when it was episodic. No big conspiracy arc beyond the government not wanting people to know, no massive alien infiltration, just weird monster of the week sorta stuff. You might even luck out and see the monster more than once. Like the cancer eating guy, or the stretchy guy, I think.

Maybe watching X-files with no lights on. Hope the smoking man is in this one.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Windknight said:
Well, we're not getting it hear for a bit in UK, but after rewatching Mysterious Cities of gold, and replaying beyond and evil...

Totally get where Erin is in the last panel.
Channel 5 has it advertised don't they? Either some time next week or in Feb.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
One of the most accurate depictions of the feeling of nostalgia I've seen in a while.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
How old was Erin when the X-Files started? Her younger self in panel 3 looks 12-13 years old, so how old is she now?
RandV80 said:
TheSYLOH said:
Yeah the original X-Files the extent of conspiracy theories didn't go much farther than the government covering up extra terrestrial content. Which made sense because the extended series story revolved around a discrete alien invasion, which brings it into the sci-fi category. Most episodes though it was just investigating the 'monster of the week' which was purely a paranormal event without any conspiracies involved.

We'll see where it goes but not sure how much I like the new season retconning the previous alien stuff and diving straight most of the current whack job conspiracies, as years on the internet have shown those just aren't as fun. In particular I don't like how Mulder immediately buys into the whole idea plus how the conspirators are a cabal of pure evil elitists who are going to screw over the entire world for their own gain?
Since when did the "conspiracy" side of the series make any sense? I read that the series-wide arc was made up on as they went, after Gillian Anderson got pregnant.

Charles Phipps

Oct 12, 2013
Erin is so adorable in that last scene.

TheSYLOH said:
That's the weird thing, though. Everyone looks at the X-Files and thinks, "Wow, conspiracy theories are a bunch of sad crazy right wing nutjobs." Then we ignore the fact the government really did have secret torture facilities, were monitoring all of our communications 24/7, and have built a robot murder army. Which means there's plenty of left wing nutjobbery brought to life (and centrist and right wing).

They think Mulder has to sound "kooky" when he was actually just prescient.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Lodum said:
(Looks at avatar) "You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record, baby." =D