X Rebirth Launch Trailer Takes to the Stars

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
X: Regurgitated more like. The biggest problem with the previous series, for me, was the jump gate network, combined with the realistic scale which, thanks to the cripplingly slow ship speeds, you could only see but not experience first hand that gave it the explorative freedom of a concentration camp! From what I've seen, the only difference here is that they've implemented the trade lanes from Freelancer and much worse I might add, since unlike in Freelancer, they are your only method of getting around the system. And why am I the only one who gets pissed off at this sort of thing!?

Still, at least there will eventually be Elite: Dangerous to show us how it's done right.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
JonB said:
If you're conflicted, thread participants, we will be reviewing this game. Not immediately at launch, because we want to give it some time, but there will be review.
That sounds very interesting.

What will be more interesting is seeing how you manage to actually play the game without wanting to kill yourselves over the lag.

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
This game is kinda terrible. Though I can't tell for certain because I... can't get past the first dog fight. Pathetic I know. My guns don't seem to do anything to these two drones and they slowly tear my ship apart. No indication of what I'm doing wrong. You can't lock onto targets, gone is there indicator of where to shoot to lead the ship, and the targeting reticle is so large it envelopes the drone entirely when it's far away so I can't even see it when I'm shooting at it most of the time.

I went to the forums and apparently this is just a taste of bad design choices waiting for me in the rest of the game. Guess I should have held onto my 50 bucks and waited for the reviews to come in. That'll teach me. :(