X-Strike Studios Unveils the Wasteland Survival Guide

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
X-Strike Studios Unveils the Wasteland Survival Guide

X-Strike Studios [http://www.x-strikestudios.com/] has released a new series called the Wasteland Survival Guide, a practical and fun set of instructional videos that teaches the essential skills that can save your life!

Formed in 2003 by a group of friends from SUNY Fredonia [http://www.fredonia.edu/], X-Strike Studios specializes in making videogame-related movies, shorts and series. Among its projects are Sidequest Has Left the Party, P. Rappa's Nth Mile Dilemma: A Ghetto-tastic Rap-Venture and now, the Wasteland Survival Guide, a six-part series packed with "good, sound advice" on how to survive in the blasted wastes.

Presented as a 50s-style PSA in appropriately-degraded black-and-white, the Wasteland Survival Guide introduces viewers to Sam Survive and Pete Perish, two intrepid adventurers making their way in the post-apocalyptic world. From basics like food and shelter to the intricacies of combat, their day-to-day experiences will teach you all you need to know about getting by in this harsh, cruel world. They're kind of funny, too.

The first three videos of the six-part series are now online, so don't miss the chance to hone your survival skills at x-strikestudios.com [http://x-strikestudios.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90:wasteland-survival-guide&catid=43:series&Itemid=84].

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
This seems familiar. I think a friend ordered a video from them. A fucking hilarious movie adaptation of the original metal gear solid for ps1.

Regardless, this also sounds awesome. I'll be checking it out now.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
Does Moira know they did this? Because if she doesn't get her cut this lone wanderer will probably have to go by their office for some more 'research' for the next book.

But seriously this looks pretty interesting.

Premonition

Jan 25, 2010
Where's the part that talks about running through a stinking minefield with a crazy, old bastard wanting to gun you down? >_>

((Cool vids tho xD))

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Hiphophippo said:
This seems familiar. I think a friend ordered a video from them. A fucking hilarious movie adaptation of the original metal gear solid for ps1.

That'd be Low Budget Espionage. Very funny movie.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
bitzi61 said:
I haven't watched it yet. But I bet it'll be made of WIN! XD
Same! Ill watch them later oN! Then! I will be ready to survive the apocalypse!

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Is there a section on how to stave off the boredom that comes from an endless uninteresting panorama of brown and grey?

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
I didn't really find them all that funny. I loved the style of it all but the content just didn't amuse me much.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
I felt the same way about Moira at first, but the more I got to know her, the more impressed I was with the character. I had very warm feelings for her by the time I left Megaton for good.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
The Great JT said:
revjay said:
Does Moira know they did this?
Screw her, Moira Brown sucks. Her voice drives me crazy.
I thought she was just about the only character I actually liked. Which probably says more about Fallout 3's characters and voice actors than her.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Hiphophippo said:

Yes. Their MGS video was fantastic. I didn't see the Resident Evil/Silent Hill video (as I don't care about those franchises).

DrJonAngus

Jun 10, 2009
I would heartily recommend the Resident Evil and Silent Hill movies, despite not being interested in the franchises. I'm not the biggest Resident Evil fan and never got into Silent Hill, but I loved the hell out of these movies.

King wiL

Jul 28, 2008
It's great to see my friends' site get news on here :) I heavily recommend their Metal Gear movie - Project : Snake. Hilarious :p

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
I felt the same way about Moira at first, but the more I got to know her, the more impressed I was with the character. I had very warm feelings for her by the time I left Megaton for good.
I'm with the Canuck on this one. I found Moira's relentless cheerful optimism to be downright touching when contrasted against the crapsack world that is the Capital Wasteland.

Juese

Apr 7, 2010
Hey everyone. I'm Juese from X-Strike Studios. Thanks for the article and all the comments! I just wanted to let you know that the last of the six episodes went up this week, which you can watch on our Wasteland Survival Guide page [http://www.x-strikestudios.com]. Let us know what you think. Thanks again everyone.

- Juese

[email protected]