Xbox 360 Dashboard Update Delayed

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Meh, I didn't know exactly when it was coming out anyways. I'd rather it take longer and be safe and stable, than it to be rushed and crash the console frequently. If I want to play something quickly before going out or something, I'll play it offline so I don't have to worry about it downloading when I may not have the time to finish it. Simple.

Kevin Fuller

Dec 6, 2011
I do know what a scam is..do you know what sarcasm is sir? Lol all this update is a remake of the ps3 xmb with a bit of a visual upgrade. Add a little over priced television content with stupid voice actions. I rather have better dlc and games

thatgeekbronnie

Sep 13, 2011
My boyfriend's roommate is in the Beta for the new dashboard and I'm just fine not having it right away. I figure I can wait a little bit for it.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
I didn't really care either way. The main thing I want the update for is Youtube, hope I can link it with my YT account and access my favs and subbox.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Yeah I had class all day today so I really didn't get a chance to check it yet. I'm not all that excited for it anyway, say your goodbyes now people, while you still can.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
YAY!

Then again, I think I'm one of the few (note: I didn't say 'the only one who' because I know better) who still wish I could go back to the original dashboard. Not that I dislike my Avatar, I just don't care about it.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
YAY!

Then again, I think I'm one of the few (note: I didn't say 'the only one who' because I know better) who still wish I could go back to the original dashboard. Not that I dislike my Avatar, I just don't care about it.
Amen to this. I'll be quite honest: I wish there was an option for you to go back to older formats in case you don't like the newer updates. I'm not a coder, but I highly doubt it's that hard to save the original format and put it up as an option a person can switch to if he doesn't like where you're going with something.

*glares at YouTube* We know who's the biggest offender of this.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
I can't even get on Xbox LIVE. I tried loging in after seeing me logged out and it said Update. I said "Sure." and i get that i have to do a systems check instead of just doing it. Doing the check i get the same message. So thinking "I can wait/ screw it." I played Skyrim. So trying to rearrange my bookcase having got new books i find it doesent allow me to acces it. Angry i turned it off.

So now i am stuck at my computer and i have nothing to do but rant.

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
Bah microsoft would you please just hurry up, and get this thing working they are 12 hours late and now my Xbox can't connect to live.

TitenSxull

Feb 17, 2009
I've got the update and thus far it's extremely lame. I spend more than half of my time on XBOX Live watching Netflix with my friends and when we fail to find something there we turn to Zune. Now they've released the update and there is NO PARTY FEATURE in either Zune or Netflix. It also removes the ability to scroll through the episode listings of a show on Netflix before watching, you actually have to hit PLAY and have a show load before you can scroll to a new episode. Furthermore it's been kicking people out of parties and for a few minutes there it pretended I didn't have a Gold Account and was just an XBOX Live silver account (or whatever they call their free "account).

This had better be a trial version of the dashboard and there better be an update coming that reintroduces the party feature to Zune and Netflix. Many people are complaining that they can't even log-in to their accounts. The whole thing is a clusterf***.

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
xPixelatedx said:
LiquidSolstice said:
xPixelatedx said:
Thank god, now I can enjoy a few more hours of this bloated, spam-filled dashboard before it becomes even more bloated and spam-filled. There seriously needs to be an option to use a simplified dashboard if users so desire, something like the original dashboard 360's where first shipped with.
It's not nearly a bloated as you think. Just saying. It's cleaner and makes more sense than the older style dashboard, not to mention "Start Game" is finally the first selected item when you turn the Xbox on, rather than the spotlight channel.

Cynics will be cynics though, I suppose.
I thought it was getting a bunch of crap added, not subtracted? Like that Tv stuff... because apparently it's ludicrous to think people might actually just turn their xbox off to watch Tv?

And while I try not to be a cynic, can you honestly blame me when it comes to xbox dashboard updates? I got ad-ware on my old XP machine throwing fewer advertisements in my face then the xbox currently does when I have the nerve to turn it on.
Strange, I could have sworn I said cleaner, not features removed. But I guess you're determined to be cynical. It's ok, we all get tunnel-vision from time to time :)

Johnny Wishbone

Aug 17, 2011
Hooray for the new dashboard!

More advertisements! YES! Because if there was anything missing from my gaming console UI, it's more ads. And I completely understand the need too...after all, it's not like Microsoft is making people pay to do anything useful with their Xbox Live service. They gotta recoup the expense somehow, and more ads for deoderant is the answer (frankly, I'd rather smell someones BO than Axe).

Under the old system, when I fired up MY gaming console, it went right to the MY XBOX page, and MY avatar was front and center. Made ME feel like the most important thing on MY gaming console was ME. Now, when I fire up MY gaming console, the thing that come up front and center is a f@#king ad for 'The Hangover II'. And where am I??? Well, I'm a couple tabs down there somewhere...feeling less important.

Games have taken a back seat to all the other crap they shoehorned in. Looks like everyone was right to ***** and complain before they saw the new dashboard: your Xbox isn't a gaming console with multimedia features anymore! No! It's a multimedia/social media device with gaming capabilities (if you're into that sort of thing).

I'm really excited about this new dashboard, and I'm glad that I was forced to accept it in order to keep using the service I paid upfront for.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
**Cue mega moan about the dashboard**

I guess my big issues with the X-box dashboard are the sheer amount of Lynx and car adverts on it. It's not an unreasonable request to not have to sift through adverts when I feel like playing Skyrim. I don't mind the principle of adverts, but when I pay a £50 per annum, I don't want to see them.

However, hearing people's feedback on even more and prominant adverts, this cheeses me off a bit.

OK, things like Last FM is a massive plus - and I love it to bits. It got me listening to new bands I haven't heard of. Hurrah.

However, Zune's answer to this is a horrible user-unfriendly mess which one has to pay for. Having said this, it's movie selection isn't bad. Speaking entirely for myself, they really ought to get rid of those Troma films. I do like a cheesy horror film as much as the next horror buff, but those films are just awful.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Netflix app is fucking terrible. No more thumbnail preview when you're FF/Rewinding. I haven't been able to finish an episode of Star Trek TNG without it dropping me to some error about not being a gold member. Not being able to choose an episode before something starts playing is seriously angering me.

The advertisements, WTF is the WOW Chuck Norris ad on Xbox? You can't play WOW on 360. Some of these ads are not even relevant to the system they are on.

I really want to hurt someone at Microsoft. The previous UI was perfectly acceptable. The Metro layout sucks, this isn't displayed on a cell phone, this is being displayed on a 42" TV.

Definitely calling Netflix and complaining. Microsoft may not give a fuck what I think, but they do care about Netflix's dollars. I highly doubt Netflix is going to be happy to take the shitstorm for Microsoft's blunder.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Johnny Wishbone said:
Hooray for the new dashboard!

More advertisements! YES! Because if there was anything missing from my gaming console UI, it's more ads. And I completely understand the need too...after all, it's not like Microsoft is making people pay to do anything useful with their Xbox Live service. They gotta recoup the expense somehow, and more ads for deoderant is the answer (frankly, I'd rather smell someones BO than Axe).

Under the old system, when I fired up MY gaming console, it went right to the MY XBOX page, and MY avatar was front and center. Made ME feel like the most important thing on MY gaming console was ME. Now, when I fire up MY gaming console, the thing that come up front and center is a f@#king ad for 'The Hangover II'. And where am I??? Well, I'm a couple tabs down there somewhere...feeling less important.

Games have taken a back seat to all the other crap they shoehorned in. Looks like everyone was right to ***** and complain before they saw the new dashboard: your Xbox isn't a gaming console with multimedia features anymore! No! It's a multimedia/social media device with gaming capabilities (if you're into that sort of thing).

I'm really excited about this new dashboard, and I'm glad that I was forced to accept it in order to keep using the service I paid upfront for.
Better get used to it. This is just another one of those things that the gaming industry is doing. They hate their customers and only want to nickel and dime us and force stupid ads in our faces. I should of took up drugs instead of gaming. Would have been more productive.