Xbox 360 Owns Nearly Half of Console Market

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
RhombusHatesYou said:
CrystalShadow said:
Unless MS have had some major breakthroughs with dynamic recompilation, 360 games on PC is a pipe dream for most.

However, the keyword in the original statment is 'Windows 8 devices'...

It's well known Microsoft wants to make an inroads into the mobile device OS caper and reportedly Win8 is the first edition of Windows that's RISC based version isn't a complete piece of shit. Also with the newest ARM architecture (the CPU architecture of choice for mobile devices, for them what don't know) now able to support 64bit and several flavours of System on Chip (SoC) ARM CPUs (some going as small as 28nm manufacture form), it's looking like MS might be aiming at getting Win8 onto high performance tablets as the OS of choice and using XBL as, amongst other things, it's app distro.

Or maybe MS are just shitwaffling and will eventually release the min specs necessary for emulation in the hope they've talked the feature up so much people will ruish out to go upgrade to spec instead of telling MS to go fuck themselves... it's not like they haven't grossly misjudged the PC community (not just gamers) before.
That's a good point. I'd totally forgotten the push to get windows 8 onto mobile devices or at least tablets. It seems a major point of a lot of UI changes.

I can hazard a guess as to the kind of minimum specs you'd need to get xbox games running on PC, and it certainly isn't pretty. But... It's not outside the realms of possibility.

I doubt even microsoft would be that stupid, but I'd laugh if they meant 'first generation' Xbox games will run on PC...

That'd be funny. It'd be easy to do. (People have hacked original xboxes to install standard copies of windows, which shows just how close to PC architecture those old consoles were).

But I doubt even microsoft's marketing department could get away with that one...

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
"...attributing that success to both the Kinect-..."

XD

I'm sorry, but I honestly had to stop reading and laughed my ass off at this point for a good thirty seconds before I could continue. Are they really serious?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Karloff said:
-Incorrect stuff-
Look, dude can you just change the title? Maybe even update the article a little? You made a mistake, we can all make mistakes, and at least if this article wasn't good journalism, actually updating it and admitting you were wrong is better journalism than many professional news outlets.

Because as it is this thread is still half full of people saying Odd? That sounds weird? Maybe it doesn't factor RROD?s and half full of people saying, no there are 90 million Wii's, 67 million 360s including RRODS replacements and 63 million PS3's.

Wikipedia would be good enough to source this for you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

and if you follow the sources they are much much more credible than what the marketing officer of Microsoft says.

In fact this quote comes from a set of three quotes, each from each console manufacturer explaining how this months sales figures mean their console is the best thing ever. MS simply had the most BS in it.

I was okay with you letting it go, but look you are still misleading people even now. Just fix it.