Xbox 360 Repair: Is it worth it?

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Jumpingbean3 said:
mikecoulter said:
Get a PS3. Or get it fixed. Surely you already have an idea of what you'd prefer to do?
You misunderstand I've more or less made up my mind (I'm going to get the Elite model). I wanted to know what you would do in my situation. Plus I consider the PS3 to be overpriced (especially since I don't care about Bluray when I have a perfectly good DVD player) even at the reduced price whereas I can get a pre-owned Elite for about £150 at a local game shop. But thanks for voicing your own opinion I appreciate it.
You can get a new one with two new games (example - Bioshock 2, Forza + a choice of others) for £200 at Gamestation (guessing you have a Gamestation as you are talking in £'s) And the great thing about Gamestation is they will often let you pick another game you would prefer by using the 10 day return option. You buy the console with two games and then they do 'return', and you take away a game you really want to same value :) This is what I did last week when I got an Elite (my 360 was still working but wanted the bigger memory) I didn't get either of the games however as my son came with me and he got the two games :p Didn't work out such a bargain for me, but my son is happy so it's all good.
EDIT - Ooooh also my Gamestation did the data migration for me too for free, so all my saves, profile etc. are all set up on the new hard drive :)

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
It will break again if you fix it, for sure.
Get a new one or a ps3, it's not worth repairing in the long run unless it's free and you have the time to wait.