Xbox 360 Sells Gangbusters in 2012

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Witty Name Here said:
When did constantly upgrading something every couple of months, spending hundreds of dollars, then sifting through bug reports and files suddenly become "superior" to just putting in a disc and playing?
those arguments were valid a decade ago. there just arent hat big tech leaps anymore and software is lagging so far behind hardware, my pc is 3 years old hasnt needed any upgrading hasnt had any compatability problems.

companies shipping and patching is by far not a PC exclusive now. infact its worse for consoles now. at least on PC a company can patch daily if required on the consoles everything has to go to review first.

so i spent more on my pc than the xbox, taken as an isolated price sure, add in x box live and paying 500% more for games and you dont have to buy many games before the consoles are the more expensive option nowadays.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
sethisjimmy said:
It's pretty clear to me where this recent success has come from. Marketing. Xbox has FAR better marketing than Nintendo and PS3 combined, you always see their commercials, they pay to have their logo at the end of multiplat commercials, they even made one of the worst peripherals in the history of gaming sell like fucking hotcakes. It even seems like Xbox has become the dominant game console name in media nowadays when shows refer to video games.

I mean you'd think they would have a hard time selling a console with very little exclusives, subscription based online, and the worst of the 3 motion control schemes. But no, their marketing pulled it off.

To clarify I'm definitely not a Microsoft fanboy, but it seems glaringly obvious to me how this success came about.
More then likely.

Moving my PC elitism aside, it came from Marketing. There are plenty of reasons that this came about, none about actual goodness of the console.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
DVS BSTrD said:
Microsoft: We're Super. Thanks for asking!
Me: I didn't ask.

Honestly I just hope we'll still have enough developement studios left by the time the next generation comes around.
Microsoft: All things considered I couldn't be better I must say
Me: Honestly we didn't ask
Microsoft: I'm feeling super no, nothing bugs me
Me: Really stop now
Microsoft:Everything is super when you're, don't you think I look cute in this hat

.... I couldn't help myself

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
The US is a 360 centric market though and has been since the start, I think we could have done with a North America in the title, considering the 360 sells badly in the rest of the world :D

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Can someone explain the "the next (and possibly last) iteration of dedicated game consoles" part to me, I'm alittle confused. Did I miss something?