Xbox 360 to Lose Twitter and Facebook Apps

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Oh well, guess it will be harder for them to justify paying rich assholes money to keep multiplayer hostage for no reason other then them all wanting to drive sports cars.

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
ViciousTide said:
and got rid of your background themes/images you could upload or bought..
Wait, what? What do you mean by "got rid of"...? Just flat out made them unusable?

If so, wow Microsoft. That is a new low. Charging for this kind of crap is bad enough, but then making them unusable later on?

I am SO fucking glad I don't own and xbox anymore.
Actually, what he said isnt true. Im using a Mass Effect theme I got when the first one came out. Also, wit the update a few days ago, Microsoft actually made the theme look better on the dashboard. It was the first thing I noticed.

Also, the new set up is kinda nice. They fixed problems with apps having a hard time loading, and have added a 'pin' button that lets you put apps/games/etc. on a helpful list on the homepage.

Yeah.... Had to tell you that because someone who uses M$ is usually incredibly biased.

EDIT: Also, I dont mind the advertisements they put on the dashboard. They are extremely unintrusive. They are at the least looked at spots on each page, and they make no sound unless you scroll onto them. Most of them are smaller than most of the icons on each page to.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Why are they so fucking set on getting people to use their shitty web browser? It's free. They aren't making any money off the damn thing.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Oh no, this is such a tragedy. I haven't used my Xbox in about 2 months (forgot the power adapter at home) and I really can't see a way to post anything on Facebook without it.

I am not sure how many will be affected by this, but seeing some use it to upload screenshots this does suck a little. It doesn't change anything in my regard though since I don't like paying for gold nor to type sentences using a controller rather than a keyboard. Even a virtual keyboard such as the one on my iPad keeps me from typing too much.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
what is wrong with using your smartphone/laptop/desktop/vita for Facebook and twitter? Why were they added in the first place?

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
What? You mean we have to use our gaming machine to play actual games?
/sarcasm

I really wish Microsoft would stop forcing their crappy browser on people. So if facebook and twitter added value, does this mean that the price of Xbox live is coming down? I hope that's what it means.

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
Further proof that corporations are always being pulled eight different ways.
People tend to think of corporations as a big single minded blob, but the reality is that there are, at any single time, typically dozens of people within a corporation that can significantly change it's direction with the slash of a pen on their own recognizance.
Of course, there exist systems of checks and balances for that sort of thing within any structure, but they tend to be reactionary rather than preventionary, so you still end up with massive problems like this, corporations saying one thing for years then suddenly doing another out of nowhere with seemingly no rhyme or reason because someone or a group of someones within the structure got scared into their shell and made a bunch of commands to the lower echelons by themselves.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I don't even have a facebook or twitter account, so I couldn't care less about this. Besides, even if I did have accounts with those places, I would refuse to pay Microsoft in order to use a service that is free on my PC.