Xbox Connectivity issue

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
The first thing I noticed was that it took me much longer than usual to sign into Live. Not a problem really, it all seemed to work. I joined a game on Bad Company 2, again after it took longer than usual to find my stats. Played for a while, all was well, until I experienced some sudden lag, then was immediately kicked back to the main menu. Sometimes this is accompanied by disconnecting from Xbox Live altogether. Testing my connection, MS tells me that my DNS cannot resolve Xbox live server nametables, and told me it was a problem with my ISP.

This isn't a problem with my internet connection as a whole, my laptop is fine, albeit somewhat laggier than usual.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Oh That Dude said:
This isn't a problem with my internet connection as a whole, my laptop is fine, albeit somewhat laggier than usual.
When two devices have a problem in common, then it is typically not those devices fault (Unless one of those devices is dragging the other one down. But on a personal network, the chances of this are near nothing).

Your issue is either router related, or modem related. Plug your laptop directly to the modem and see if speeds improve. Then you've have your faulty device (Or, an ISP that blows).

EDIT: Also, bumping is frowned upon.