Xbox live Gold 12 month membership is 40% off! But I am unable to get it.

Mykonos

May 19, 2009
My xbox live ends at the end of this month. I wanted to go ahead and renew it because of this sale that's going on at the moment. However, apparently it's only for members who don't have either gold or silver. So what my plan is, could I just outright cancel my subscription and then purchase it?

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
40% off isn't that great of a deal...My Toys R Us was selling year cards for 20 bucks.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Mykonos said:
My xbox live ends at the end of this month. I wanted to go ahead and renew it because of this sale that's going on at the moment. However, apparently it's only for members who don't have either gold or silver. So what my plan is, could I just outright cancel my subscription and then purchase it?
...wut. The only two versions of Live are Gold and Free (it's not called Silver anymore by the way). So unless they are only offering it to people who don't have an existing Live account at all, it makes absolutely no sense.

*turns on 360 and looks for the ad on the dashboard*

Well, here's a thing for 25% off a year of Gold, and it seems to be open to everyone. I can't find anything about a 40% off deal either on the 360 dashboard or on the web. Well, the web shows that they had an offer for 40% off in September of last year, but nothing comes up for right now.

Where are you getting a 40% off offer from?

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Eri said:
40% off isn't that great of a deal...My Toys R Us was selling year cards for 20 bucks.
Am I the only one who finds it unusual that Toys R Us sells mature rated games? What kind of mature gamer purchases games at a Toys R Us? The only game I can remember getting at Toys R Us was Halo, and I was 9 years old at the time. Not only that, it was my grandmother who bought it for me.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
My account renewed as of today and the 40% off applied to it, so it definitely isn't for people making brand new accounts only. I don't know if it'll be applied if you tack on the year while you still have time left on your current subscription or not. Best I can say is to call and find out, or see if your gold renews before the deal runs out.