Xbox Live Sign-In Problems Are "Not a Titanfall Issue" - Update

ProtosOmega

Apr 7, 2013
CkretAznMan said:
So an online only game completely botches up at launch? OK, then.
Wasn't this meant to be avoided by doing a Beta? Oh wait, it was closed when it first came out. Never mind...

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
CriticKitten said:
The fact that it "could happen to any game" doesn't change the fact that this customer service rep clearly and in no uncertain terms stated that Titanfall was responsible for the network issue. Which means either the rep is lying (and she has no real reason to do so) or Major Nelson is lying (and PR people always have plenty of reasons to twist the facts).
Saying that a PR person "twists the facts" operates under the assumption that what PR people present are "facts" to begin with. This is Larry Hyrb here. The guy that, with regard to the XBONEs DRM, said: "We can't just flip a switch to turn off drm, the console was built around it," only to have the switch then flipped.

So when the guy that said "we can't just flip a switch" also says "this is not a Titanfall issue," Titanfall being the consoles highly hyped "killer app," I'd throw my hat into the "this is completely Titanfall's fault" ring. What do we expect them to do? Own up to it immediately? No way!

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
These days, it just seems like no launch is successful unless the servers get annihilated on day one.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Detailed instructions are here [http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/power-cycle-console].
Correction: Detailed instructions are here [http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/91/64/9164d019-fe67-4d55-bd6d-f4a4db3d513f.png?n=one-console-connect-button-m.png].

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
Kalezian said:
Well, good thing there is that fucking awesome singleplayer campaign that can tide people over with their giant robot killing needs.

I mean, who knew your generic love interest #4523615 would also turn out to be the BBEG and your mother.

Did not see that one coming.
DUDE!!!!

Spoiler tag that shit! It's not out here in the UK till Friday and you go and drop that on me?!?

DAAAAAAMN YOUUUUUU!!!!!