Xbox Live vs Playstation Network

Yossarian90

Mar 12, 2009
I just want to know peoples thoughts on which service they think is better and for people to bring their own experiences of the services so we can compare them.

I personally use Xbox Live alot (never played PS3 online) and im satisfied with it's friends system and the marketplace

So what are your thoughts?

LowFatLoki

Dec 25, 2008
Son, you just started another fanboy war.
I personally like Xboxlive but thats just because I've never tried PS network.

Yossarian90

Mar 12, 2009
Vlane said:
Mods really don't like vs. threads.
Oh I didnt mean as a competition, I just wanted to compare them in a discussion backed up with points no fanboy stuff

I really think Xbox Lives subscrption fee makes the service better and sustainable but as I say I havent really played PS Network

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
I have not tried PSN, but I have heard it is just not as good. People ***** about paying for XBox live but it is $5 month. Not bad considering it works perfectly.

Yossarian90

Mar 12, 2009
Yeah
Shapsters said:
I have not tried PSN, but I have heard it is just not as good. People ***** about paying for XBox live but it is $5 month. Not bad considering it works perfectly.
Yeah thats the way I feel about it, you also get alot more content and a sense of community

sadpolice

Nov 12, 2008
I do see a few (or maybe alot) of faults in the xbox live service like the laggy xbox live parties. But i wouldn't know about the Playstation 3's network as i've never used it.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Xbox has already got the Online dominated, and PS3 is starting to get the hang of it. They're both good, but I prefer Live.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
Yossarian90 said:
Yeah
Shapsters said:
Yeah thats the way I feel about it, you also get alot more content and a sense of community
Mine worked horribly and I hate the xbl community with a passion.

I prefer psn but both have their pros and cons and lets just leave it at that. My brain still hurts from the last fanboy war.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Flame war anyone? But seriously, its nice to see that this thread hasn't decended into trolling and people trying to assert their PS3 or 360 dicks. Kudo's people :)

Also, I love how people have to say thinks like "And before you accuse me, I HAVE used the Xbox or PS3's online functions for fear of being labled a fan-boy/girl

Yossarian90

Mar 12, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
toasterslayer said:
mikecoulter said:
xbox Live is fun, yet PS3 Online is fun + free.

Both good though
but it cost like, 200$ more to buy a ps3 so 4 years of xbox live.
do NOT get me started on the fact that the xbox costs (not including the yearly/monthly prescriptions to their Live programs) on average 200 dollars more than a PS3.

But, I have to say Xbox live is better. It isn't because the PSN is worse, per se, it's more because the PSN doesn't DO ANYTHING. I remember reading an article once that said the PSN didn't even have movies from Sony Pictures to download - and in fact one particular movie from Sony signed a deal making it exclusive (for download) off of the Xbox! Nevermind the fact that Xbox is simply cooler with the gamertags, achievements system, etc. etc... The point is that Microsoft simply executed their goals much, MUCH better than Sony.

Oh, and i'm an avid PS3/Wii fan... I hate the Xbox, but still, you gotta admit that the product's damn good at times.
See I think thats what I really like about my Xbox, I dont mind the PS3 but I dont like it when people start Fanboy wars, when like this thread has proved, we can just discuss this with actual points

The worst thing about Xbox Live is probably the ammount of assholes on Xbox Live but for every ass theres some great people and alot of my friends are on Xbox Live

The one thing I envy for PS3 is InFamous oh god I want it! But from where im standing Xbox Live has the better online service at the moment

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
As of now, I prefer Live. You may get a sense of community, but I really despise most of the people on there. Maybe it's just the Halo crowd :/.
I think it may also be the fact that I've always played my PS3 on wifi (slow one at that) so I never got 100% into it because I have little patience for it to load lol.