Xbox One Bug Prevents Comcast Subscribers From Using Wi-Fi

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
ecoho said:
Dragonbums said:
ecoho said:
MorganL4 said:
So if I read that correctly.... MICROSOFT of all people FORGOT to put in 6 to 4 translation protocols into the Xbox One? Umm they put that stuff into Windows XP SP3, how could they forget to put it into their BRAND NEW shiny tech? Especially since we ran out of IPv4 addresses back in October of 2010... I mean really folks.... COME ON!!!
im sorry but what I got from this article is that Comcast as always sucks and thus is blaming Microsoft for their stupidity.
You kidding me? Comcast internet in my area is a fucking godsend. We have a very high bandwidth cap.
someone who likes Comcast? that's a first. In all seriousness Comcast has horrible customer support and tends to crash way too often, if its all you got im sorry but you'd be better off with just about anyone.
Not in my area. Comcast has a very high bandwidth cap, and honestly it might as well be unlimited in certain respects (then again I don't do anything heavy with my internet).

Verizon on the other hand is complete shit. I have a friend who lives just 30 minutes away and her bandwidth is so bad that she can only really watch a couple hour long videos at most before it starts to crap out on you.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Dragonbums said:
ecoho said:
Dragonbums said:
ecoho said:
MorganL4 said:
So if I read that correctly.... MICROSOFT of all people FORGOT to put in 6 to 4 translation protocols into the Xbox One? Umm they put that stuff into Windows XP SP3, how could they forget to put it into their BRAND NEW shiny tech? Especially since we ran out of IPv4 addresses back in October of 2010... I mean really folks.... COME ON!!!
im sorry but what I got from this article is that Comcast as always sucks and thus is blaming Microsoft for their stupidity.
You kidding me? Comcast internet in my area is a fucking godsend. We have a very high bandwidth cap.
someone who likes Comcast? that's a first. In all seriousness Comcast has horrible customer support and tends to crash way too often, if its all you got im sorry but you'd be better off with just about anyone.
Not in my area. Comcast has a very high bandwidth cap, and honestly it might as well be unlimited in certain respects (then again I don't do anything heavy with my internet).

Verizon on the other hand is complete shit. I have a friend who lives just 30 minutes away and her bandwidth is so bad that she can only really watch a couple hour long videos at most before it starts to crap out on you.
oh your east coast that makes sense now, I don't know what it is but after you cross the Mississippi Comcast pretty much goes to crap in its customer service, its service, and installation.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Actually I had a lot of trouble getting the wifi to work on my 360, and by a lot of trouble I mean I could not get it to work at all.

So yeah it existed as a problem on the 360 too.

(ps3 works fine :))

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
The Arris TG862G, you can't put it into bridge mode yourself, you have call up Comcast to have them do it, which took me 4 freaking hours because Comcast, and if you have triple play there is no longer a compatible modem being sold so you can use your own.

Not to mention that they have enabled free wifi on all subscriber's lines that use a Comcast provided gateway. I hate Comcast, but unfortunately they are the best we have.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Dragonbums said:
ecoho said:
MorganL4 said:
Are you sure you have a data cap? Comcast suspended data caps, currently only a very few markets have data caps. They say they are going to roll out a 350GB/month data cap everywhere with overage charges, but this has not happened everywhere yet.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
MinionJoe said:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/10/video-microsoft-claims-ipv6-support-make-xbox-one-faster.html
Infernal Lawyer said:
FalloutJack said:
"It's not a bug! It's a feature!" - Microsoft

Just you wait. It's coming.
But will they explain why? Of course not, that would be silly.
As posted in the link above courtesy of MinionJoe they sort of did. Though as many have stated before me, Microsoft really wasn't kidding around when they said that Xbox One wouldn't be backwards compatible.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
"It's not a bug! It's a feature!" - Microsoft

Just you wait. It's coming.
every bug that doesnt get fixed is a feature. You can also throw in a working as intended and our logs show nothing in there.

Dragonbums said:
What the actual fuck Microsoft. How do you even fuck up wifi? I mean, don't you make DAMN COMPUTERS. Holy fucking Christ.
Actually no, Microsoft does not make computers. The only hardware microsoft produces (and they outsource it anyway) are Xbox.

Dragonbums said:
Comcast internet in my area is a fucking godsend. We have a very high bandwidth cap.
Sorry, does not compute.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Amir Kondori said:
Dragonbums said:
ecoho said:
MorganL4 said:
Are you sure you have a data cap? Comcast suspended data caps, currently only a very few markets have data caps. They say they are going to roll out a 350GB/month data cap everywhere with overage charges, but this has not happened everywhere yet.
I had a friend who- until very recently- had Verizon and she has a really crappy bandwidth cap. I'm assuming that our Comcast has one because my dad on occasion has told me to moderate my online gaming on my laptop to preserve bandwidth. Not sure if that's in terms of speed or actual limit. I have yet to ask him about that.