Xbox One Controller Now Supported on PC

misg

Apr 13, 2013
josemlopes said:
As long as they arent PC compatible versions as they were with the 360 and all versions work with the PC its cool. One thing that always bugged me about the 360 ones was that only the special PC wired ones worked on both systems (or you had to buy the wireless adapter or something)
The wired Controllers have been compatible for PC's for a long time. That whole windows controller was just a ploy to get you to spend an extra $10 on the same controller.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Yay! I was waiting for this.

Do I just buy the XBone controller? Does it come with a micro-usb cable? Or do I have to buy one of those separately?

Stabinbac

Nov 25, 2010
I wish they had a real wired option!

I really like the reduced weight, better rumble, and no need to charge batteries of the 360 wired controller. With Xpadder installed it's my go to mouse alternative for everything. I've used it enough that I've worn through the right stick down to the plastic.

I have the wireless adapter and controller, but haven't touched them since I got the wired. Having to wake it up is annoying, and leaving a charging cable in is bad for batteries.