Xbox One Giveaway

ThyNameIsMud

i r teh derp master yes
Sep 18, 2008
Get Your Hands on an Xbox One!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/xboxonegiveaway]

Follow the steps and enter for your chance to win an Xbox One.

We know that you've been itching to get your hands on a next-gen console. And we also know that it's been somewhat difficult to acquire one, what with the capped-out pre-orders and the will-they, won't-they concerns about the general public sales.

Luckily the holiday season is now in full swing and what goes better with holidays than a glorious, free console? Now you can dismiss your inner Scrooge McDuck and step up to the plate for your chance to get your hands on an Xbox One.

All you have to do to enter the giveaway is follow the steps here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/xboxonegiveaway]. It's really so simple that there's not much of a reason for you not to enter, now is there? Unless you already have an Xbox One and then, well....good for you.

Brock Swann

Dec 16, 2013
I would do the points thing but I definitely don't want that lockerdome app makeing posts for me on twitter so no way.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
"Complete the actions below to enter"??

The actions are "click here to comment" and a button simply marked "submit" - which tells me I have been entered, but then loads this other weird frame on the page, which has a link to the rules of the competition - which mentions signing up for some "Lockerdome" service to be entered into the competition - which contradicts the earlier message that my entry had been submitted, as there's no way I'm signing up for Lockerdome.

So, do I have an entry or not?

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Well that was easy, usually contests involve more than that. I look forward to seeing who wins.

wingtrl said:
So does this count as an entry?
No, I think there's a place on the rules page where you click the enter button and then "submit" if you're already logged in and that's how you enter.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Far as I can tell you can increase your chances by doing everything on that page, but you can just click submit and you're in.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
I only got the option to click submit. Is that the only "action" or is it because of region related stuff?

EDIT: When I try to do that share on twitter action I get this:

"Failed to complete action: Failed to post to twitter. Status contains malware."

Lockerdome is a legit site right?

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
FFP2 said:
I only got the option to click submit. Is that the only "action" or is it because of region related stuff?
I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do. Supposedly you might get more chances to win if you like them or sign up for their app, but I'm pretty sure just clicking submit is all that's really required.

I suppose they could have made it more clear though, couldn't they?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
An Escapist contest open to an international audience? Colour me shocked!

I might it a whirl. In the meantime, I'll try to make a place in my thoughts for actual interest in an Xbox One.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
New Frontiersman said:
FFP2 said:
I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do. Supposedly you might get more chances to win if you like them or sign up for their app, but I'm pretty sure just clicking submit is all that's really required.

Yeah I just checked out the lockerdome link. Shit is hella buggy.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
FFP2 said:
New Frontiersman said:
FFP2 said:

Yeah I just checked out the lockerdome link. Shit is hella buggy.
That's unfortunate. Maybe we'll get an update with clearer directions.

Actually upon looking at their website I'm not even sure anymore if just hitting the submit button on the Escapist is enough to enter.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
I found something odd in the rules... Ya'll say it's open to international residents but in the rules it says "The shipping addresses for the winners must be within the United States". Can we get a little clarification on that please?

New Frontiersman said:
That's unfortunate. Maybe we'll get an update with clearer directions.

Actually upon looking at their website I'm not even sure anymore if just hitting the submit button on the Escapist is enough to enter.
I think it is but we have a higher chance of winning if we do all the extra stuff.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
GundamSentinel said:

I might it a whirl. In the meantime, I'll try to make a place in my thoughts for actual interest in an Xbox One.
It actually isn't I read the fine Print.

"The shipping addresses for the winners must be within the United States"

Really escapist?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Deadman Walkin said:
GundamSentinel said:

It actually isn't I read the fine Print.

"The shipping addresses for the winners must be within the United States"

Really escapist?
http://gamefront.lockerdome.com/6171158376612378/rules

"Prizes: One grand prize consisting of Xbox One Console . Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") is US$499.99 each. The shipping addresses for the winners must be within the United States."

Just confirming and adding the link. Thanks for wasting my time, spamming my FB/Twitter feeds (will be removing that shit shortly) and tricking me into signing up for an extra service.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Wait a sec?!?! Open to international residents??? Say what? :D

Oh... wait... >.>