Xbox One "Immersive Gaming" Video Ad May Be a Bit Disturbing

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
It's not so much as disturbing as it is stupid and a little too self-indulgent. Say what you will about the Kevin something ads for the PS3, not once did I get the feeling they were taking themselves seriously. Remember the one about the girlfriend that thinks Uncharted's a movie? And they were funny.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
So the Xbox One induces PTSD?

I don't think this is what you should have aimed for, guys.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
ThatDarnCoyote said:
"Graphics so real, you'll get PTSD!"

This is not very good marketing.
Yeah. It doesn't sound very healthy. And the guy went back to playing it. I think he has problems, lol. If I played a game and started having mental episodes where I'd see battle damage randomly appear and disappear off of me, then I'd have to stop playing for my own mental health XD. Curious, though. Video games can have some gruesome death scenes as well. Does he have visions of those, too?

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
It's as if they took the old cheesy Sega Genesis commercials, took out all the fun and color, but ramped the cheesiness to a million to the point where they're not even fun to watch anymore.

"Video games fun?! NO. REALISM, PAIN, EMOTION, XBOX, BUY OUR WORKS OF ART, YOU DRONES."

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
When video games do hit this level, I will be thrilled. Okay, like the holodeck, there better be an option to turn the safety on, but still this would be amazing. I would love to be able to play a game using my real body and my level of reflexes. That would be a blast. Not sure if I would enjoy the actual harm part.
If they did THIS kind of game I'd jump on board the "let's get off the couch and be active!" bandwagon. Until then, I shall sit here eating my potato chips XD

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Tank207 said:
The message I get from this ad is that buying an Xbox One is a form of self mutilation.
Well, it's certainly self-punishment.

I don't know, this ad just doesn't creep me. It seems stupid, but not offensive or shocking or anything like the article might say.