Xbox one in serious trouble!

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
Fenrox Jackson said:
If you have ever bought gasoline, you may have noticed that it never goes down in price.
It' gone down in price plenty of times. Hell about a year-year and a half ago it dropped by a whole dollar.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
TaboriHK said:
I want the Xbone to flop, and more importantly, I want it to be remembered as a failure of marketing and presumption. I hope it turns out that way, so that the industry can distance itself from having another one. I still haven't bought into the current gen systems; I bought a computer instead. This was spurred almost entirely by the Xbone. This was especially heartbreaking for me as the 360 is one of my favorite systems ever.

I don't know why they did what they did, but I want to see every one of the people involved in the Xbone out on their ass, and out of the industry entirely. I don't expect that to happen (because why would it), but honestly, even more depressing to me than how the Xbone was pitched is just how many people bought it regardless. It just sends the message that gamers will eat whatever shit you want to shovel into their mouths. I find the whole thing very depressing.
Well, most people who had issues had those issues resolved. I wasn't going to get one, but they solved the problems I had with it so I picked one up and it's great.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
So out for less than 6 months and it get a price drop of £125!! (Xbox one £425 no game then £349.99 plus a £50 game free in April)

Microsoft has, in its short history as a console manufacturer always overpriced its consoles upon release only to lower the price very fast once the early buying suckers have paid the tithe.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Thanks for the clarification. That's literally all I sought.
Glad to help!

I'm just sad that this gen hardware isn't next gen at all. At best it's 3 year old PC tech. PC's have much more horsepower the future of games are going to be PC.

And you people, don't spout "It's dedicated just for games! Wait for optimization! etc etc" Your precious consoles are PC's now. Weak ass PC's, but PC's none the less.

Mar 26, 2008
Smithburg said:
TaboriHK said:
I want the Xbone to flop, and more importantly, I want it to be remembered as a failure of marketing and presumption. I hope it turns out that way, so that the industry can distance itself from having another one. I still haven't bought into the current gen systems; I bought a computer instead. This was spurred almost entirely by the Xbone. This was especially heartbreaking for me as the 360 is one of my favorite systems ever.

I don't know why they did what they did, but I want to see every one of the people involved in the Xbone out on their ass, and out of the industry entirely. I don't expect that to happen (because why would it), but honestly, even more depressing to me than how the Xbone was pitched is just how many people bought it regardless. It just sends the message that gamers will eat whatever shit you want to shovel into their mouths. I find the whole thing very depressing.
Well, most people who had issues had those issues resolved. I wasn't going to get one, but they solved the problems I had with it so I picked one up and it's great.
Also it would be incredibly naive to think that Sony weren't planning the exact same thing, but they read the winds and went with a "we're offering you more of the same" approach and it worked. Perception is reality and Microsoft looked like the bad guy and Sony came up smelling of roses. These are two major corporations who don't give a single fuck about either you or I, so I wouldn't go thinking either of them are your friends or are even looking out for you.

I hate the be the prophet of doom but what this "victory" will do in the long run is force companies to implement their dodgy policies by stealth, rather than try and do it in the open. We're already getting demo length games for full price, and Capcom-esque on-disc DLC. How many more ways will they be able to get us to pay more for less?