Xbox One Out November 22nd

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
FizzyIzze said:
I wonder how much used 360s and PS3s will go for at Game Stop once people start trading them in for Xbox One and PS4. Damn, gonna be a huge selection of used titles. Poor bastards.
And MS and Sony announced cheap versions of the 360 and PS3 to happen near the launch of the new ones.
So if you don't own one of those yet, imagine how cheap the games for that system are going to be.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
JenSeven said:
And MS and Sony announced cheap versions of the 360 and PS3 to happen near the launch of the new ones.
So if you don't own one of those yet, imagine how cheap the games for that system are going to be.
Hmm, I'm going to have to plan this out. I might have to pick up some titles I passed over simply because I didn't feel they were worth the money when they were new. Like Lollipop Chainsaw. Is there a word for people like me? Carrion gamers? I can't help it. It's the same concept as 'The best day to buy cheap gift wrapping paper is the day after Christmas'. Therefore, the best day to buy used PS3/360 games is the day after the release of PS4/Xbox One.

Jesus, I remember the days when kids and their moms would trade in the original Xbox, with two controllers and ten games--for $50 measly bucks! It's their choice, I know, but damn.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So, um, what's gonna launch with the Xbox One? I think they got Killer Instinct, but the other titles that come to mind, namely Titanfall, Halo 5, and Sunset Overdrive, shouldn't be out yet come November 22nd.

I mean, if the Xbox One doesn't have a games library to compliment its release, it's gonna bomb harder than the Ouya on its launch.

Kittyhawk

Aug 2, 2012
Some might feel the need too get bogged down in MS awful E3 mistakes, which even I hated (yes, it was a comedy mess but its over and sorted, move on). However, it shows great gusto and character to take all that harsh critique and turn it all around into a positive. I applaud their adjusting swiftly and there's a lot to be said for snatching huge shining success from the bleeding jaws of near crushing defeat. And just like the 360's RROD problem, they moved swiftly to sort it out.

(See that Nintendo, a company's view or vision need not be sacrosanct. Adjusting if gamers dislike it enough can help too.)

Pre-orders for it have grown more after each u-turn and its all for MS to do, not Sony. It should be interesting to see those sales numbers for both XB1 and PS4 in the new year.

Certainly going to be an exciting xmas. Enjoy both launches, gamers. Can't remember the last time we've had two consoles go head to head like this. Good competition is a fine thing.

And for those who try to be PS4/XB1 spoilers for the sake of it, I got nothing but love for the comedy of your envy and for some brand loyalty.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
I am glad by this date.

It's just after final exams :)
It would be a personal disaster if this came out during the middle of exams.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
search_rip said:
"We are humbled and gratified by the tremendous interest in Xbox One from game fans everywhere," - says Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi - "We sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever."

You are full of shit Yusuf, I had a Xbox One: Day One Edition Pre-Order and I just cancelled it and change to PS4 so at the very least for that console... NO, you are NOT sold out
There are preorder lines for both now, people are waiting for the next batch of them after release. So one of them instantly would be getting one, sorry to burst ya bubble.

BlueCasket

Jul 24, 2013
search_rip said:
"We are humbled and gratified by the tremendous interest in Xbox One from game fans everywhere," - says Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi - "We sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever."

You are full of shit Yusuf, I had a Xbox One: Day One Edition Pre-Order and I just cancelled it and change to PS4 so at the very least for that console... NO, you are NOT sold out
I love how you think your single cancellation makes a scrap of difference in their numbers. You cancelled, someone else picked it up. And if not, thanks! Now I'll get mine sooner :)

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
First of all I'm not naive enought to think me deciding to spend $499.99 somewhere else is going to make a dent in the Xbone bussiness, and second most probably Yusuf is talking about the US market and I'm from México, one of the "lucky 13" countries to get this console, anyway, I can assure you I could walk right now into any games or electronics store in my country and still got a Day One Edition so it's just MS PR semantics to seem strong, anyway, why do I care? the company will keep making money

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Kittyhawk said:
Some might feel the need too get bogged down in MS awful E3 mistakes, which even I hated (yes, it was a comedy mess but its over and sorted, move on). However, it shows great gusto and character to take all that harsh critique and turn it all around into a positive. I applaud their adjusting swiftly and there's a lot to be said for snatching huge shining success from the bleeding jaws of near crushing defeat. And just like the 360's RROD problem, they moved swiftly to sort it out.

(See that Nintendo, a company's view or vision need not be sacrosanct. Adjusting if gamers dislike it enough can help too.)

Pre-orders for it have grown more after each u-turn and its all for MS to do, not Sony. It should be interesting to see those sales numbers for both XB1 and PS4 in the new year.

Certainly going to be an exciting xmas. Enjoy both launches, gamers. Can't remember the last time we've had two consoles go head to head like this. Good competition is a fine thing.

And for those who try to be PS4/XB1 spoilers for the sake of it, I got nothing but love for the comedy of your envy and for some brand loyalty.
Oh, that's easy. Worldwide, the PS4 will certainly beat the XBone. It's literally impossible for the Xbone to beat PS4. It's only launching in 13 countries. This is versus 30 for the PS4. It COULD beat it in some countries, but I doubt it. I figure the best the Xbone will do in the US and such is to do more or less even with PS4. Personally, I doubt it, though.

No matter how you do the math, it doesn't sound good for Xbone.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
So not only is it $100 more expensive than the PS4, its also coming out at a later date and in less markets than the PS4?

From a business perspective, I would say that things aren't looking bright for Microsoft?

Ruley

Sep 3, 2010
Microsoft might have a chance with swing buying in Europe, like if someones friend gets an Xbone and they wanted to hold out for a PS4, they might cave and buy an Xbone to play with his friend instead. But as i already stated, anyone who is that flaky about such a high ticket purchase doesn't deserve financial independence in my opinion...

Again, why does America get things first? i want my PS4 damnit!!

Overall, they're coming out pretty close together, so close that a few weeks of waiting between them compared to the decade or so you will own them is negligible. just buy the console you want!