Xbox One Sales Double in US Now Kinect Isn't Mandatory

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
RicoADF said:
smithy_2045 said:
$ony are equally full of shit as Microsoft, and any suggestion that they aren't is pure fanboyism.
That said to reply to your above message Sony didn't pull the same shit as Microsoft this generation, their selling a system aimed at games at a good price, what more can you ask for in a console :-/
They also didn't pull the always online bullcrap or insult their customers which caused me to cancel my XBO pre-order and forced me to close my wallet. I had both systems pre-ordered, but only got the PS4 due to Microsoft's utter failure, now the Wii U is a higher priority system and that says a lot....
Just look at last generation. Xbox 360 was a games console, PS3 was Sony ensuring they won the BluRay v HDDVD war, and if you're lucky you could play a game or two on it. Obviously, Microsoft have made mistakes this generation, but neither company give a shit about gamers beyond the dollars that they can give to them. Any insinuation that Sony are a paragon of console gaming is foolhardy.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
RicoADF said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Are you well? Did you read the same thing I wrote? Please, kindly, tell me where I EVER accused Sony of being full of shit. Please tell me where I EVER said anyone disagreeing with me is a Sony Fanboy. So you just basically pulled that out of the ether, eh? My personal preferences in regard to the topic was the only thing I discussed. You are wrong again, Sony HAS pulled shit just like Microsoft has, and are NOT innocent, either...

So, lets see... that pretty much destroys your paragraph, I believe... I am still scratching my head over exactly WHAT you read, and I can only conclude you mixed up your response to someone elses comment with mine.

Oh, one other thing... IF the rest of your paragraph were CORRECT, which it isnt, the proper way to say it would be your arguments are MOOT.... Not mute. Mute is a button you hit on your remote to make your TV go quiet, just for future reference. ;)
My apologies I quoted the wrong person, I was referring to this post by Smithy:

smithy_2045 said:
$ony are equally full of shit as Microsoft, and any suggestion that they aren't is pure fanboyism.
That said to reply to your above message Sony didn't pull the same shit as Microsoft this generation, their selling a system aimed at games at a good price, what more can you ask for in a console :-/
They also didn't pull the always online bullcrap or insult their customers which caused me to cancel my XBO pre-order and forced me to close my wallet. I had both systems pre-ordered, but only got the PS4 due to Microsoft's utter failure, now the Wii U is a higher priority system and that says a lot....
I was referring to both companies overall, and as a whole. You are correct, Sony didnt pull that this gen, in that I agree with you, but they have done it in the past. In fact, in my opinion, Sony did it last gen at launch, and Microsoft did it this gen, at launch. Sony learned from their mistake last gen, and righted their ship to make the PS3 successful, and thats a good thing for Playstation fans, and good for all gamers overall, because it kept the competition going between the two brands, which spells out a win for all of us gamers, Xbox and Playstation fans alike. Same thing this gen, except the roles were reversed. Microsoft will also right their ship, which honestly they are already doing as we speak, and the competition will stay fierce and yet again, we as consumers, will be the ultimate winners from this. I am hoping that alot of the launch issues had something to do with Don Mattrick, and that Phil Spencer will set things right. But I am honestly flabbergasted how Microsoft would allow themselves to do almost the exact thing Sony did at launch last gen. That was poor, POOR leadership and judgement, and we xbox fans deserve better. Hopefully we are now getting it.

No sweat about the quote thing, either... its all good. :)

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
It seems like all you've gotta do in the video game business is threaten to murder someone and then take back the threat and they love you forever.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Racecarlock said:
It seems like all you've gotta do in the video game business is threaten to murder someone and then take back the threat and they love you forever.
Considering the responses after they announced the Kinect-less Xbone? I think that's true.

"What? They undid one thing you didn't like and you're not immediately singing their praises for being the best company ever? You people are never satisfied!"

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Riff Moonraker said:
I was referring to both companies overall, and as a whole. You are correct, Sony didnt pull that this gen, in that I agree with you, but they have done it in the past. In fact, in my opinion, Sony did it last gen at launch, and Microsoft did it this gen, at launch. Sony learned from their mistake last gen, and righted their ship to make the PS3 successful, and thats a good thing for Playstation fans, and good for all gamers overall, because it kept the competition going between the two brands, which spells out a win for all of us gamers, Xbox and Playstation fans alike. Same thing this gen, except the roles were reversed. Microsoft will also right their ship, which honestly they are already doing as we speak, and the competition will stay fierce and yet again, we as consumers, will be the ultimate winners from this. I am hoping that alot of the launch issues had something to do with Don Mattrick, and that Phil Spencer will set things right. But I am honestly flabbergasted how Microsoft would allow themselves to do almost the exact thing Sony did at launch last gen. That was poor, POOR leadership and judgement, and we xbox fans deserve better. Hopefully we are now getting it.

No sweat about the quote thing, either... its all good. :)
Sony was quite arrogant with the PS3 launch I agree, the difference with Microsoft was that they weren't just arrogant but also condescending of their audience and literally insulted those that didn't want to accept their shit. That said I agree that since Phil has taken over there's been a great job at getting the boat back in the right direction so it does look like Don Mattrick and the other "deal with it" fella were the cause of the issues due to arrogance and self importance. I may give the XBO a chance in a few years time when the price drops far enough, as it stands though it's not worth $500 AUD asking price for me.