XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Is the X-COM Tall Man the original Slenderman? They seem very similar. I don't remember him in the original X-COM though, maybe because I played Terror From the Deep more.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Drejer43 said:
Thanks for spoiling what happens if you lose, that scene would probably have been pretty emotional the first time around, but now it is ruined.
They didn't.

Trust me on this, I found the complete lose campaign ending on youtube and trust me they edited it amazingly well.

The bits they didn't include...

Drejer43

Nov 18, 2009
Ed130 said:
Drejer43 said:
Thanks for spoiling what happens if you lose, that scene would probably have been pretty emotional the first time around, but now it is ruined.
They didn't.

Trust me on this, I found the complete lose campaign ending on youtube and trust me they edited it amazingly well.

The bits they didn't include...
really? well okay just ignore me then, thanks for letting me know. Though you have to agree, it is easy to believe it was the end.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
blackrave said:
Yeah, but it's more like government request rather than selling at any time to unknown forces (well I knew where my muton corpses were going ;) )
You'll get occasional requests from specific governments for specific items, but the Grey Market is an any-time, anonymous sell. The requests are usually for more than the Grey Market, so again there's the trade-offs - do I sell my alien goo for cash now, or save it in case a Canadian corporation asks their government to find something to spice up their poutine?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
paulgruberman said:
blackrave said:
Yeah, but it's more like government request rather than selling at any time to unknown forces (well I knew where my muton corpses were going ;) )
You'll get occasional requests from specific governments for specific items, but the Grey Market is an any-time, anonymous sell. The requests are usually for more than the Grey Market, so again there's the trade-offs - do I sell my alien goo for cash now, or save it in case a Canadian corporation asks their government to find something to spice up their poutine?
So it's both then? Nice!

Also, why am I even answering this, when I have X-Com to play :/
Bye, I'm going to commit aliencyde >:)

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Wait this is a remake? I thought this was a shat out sequel after everyone got pissed about the FPS? Ah well whatever, I might get this, it looks really good.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
This game looks like a less pretty, less fun, less epic, less anime and more generic Valkyria Chronicles.

I'm sure it'll sell 5 million copies!

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
ProtoChimp said:
Wait this is a remake? I thought this was a shat out sequel after everyone got pissed about the FPS? Ah well whatever, I might get this, it looks really good.
They're making two games. This one and the fps version.

They announced the fps version first, which got all the fans of the original game pissed off.

Being an Xcom fan, myself, I can recommend this game. I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

victorRagusila

Jul 9, 2012
Definitely play it. For me, the feel is exactly as the original, only faster and better. Everything in it makes sense.

Watch for Cryssalids and level your snipers....