Xenoblade Chronicles' Shulk Joins Super Smash Bros

NotThePANTSU

Apr 4, 2014
With the majority unfamiliar with Xenoblade Chronicles I have no doubt he shall be forever known as 'The British Guy'.

His voice actor's performance is a little off (annoying even) though I think it's probably not any worse than the American voice actors, it's just everyone's gotten used to their particular idiosyncrasies.

Is he the first to have these sort of 'switchable stances' or is my memory simply downright-awful?

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
This announcement seems a bit rushed compared to other character announcements like little Mac and Robin. Almost as if Shulk was meant to be a secret character but some outside factor forced Nintendo to throw together an announcement trailer at the last minute.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
themilo504 said:
Even though I don?t actually know anything about xenoblade, it seems like a fun character and I like the accent.

I still think it?s unlikely that the leak Is real, if one more leaked character turns out to be real the leak probably isn?t fake.
I honestly believe the leak at this point. It got the layout of a stage never seen before correct, it got part of another stage never seen before correct, it got a few menus never seen before correct, and the video portion has Shulk with the same model performing some of the same attacks with the same animations (I believe). All of that COULD be a coincidence, but frankly I doubt it at this point.

That said, parts of the leak are clearly fake. For example, the DLC list. The leaker admits to faking that part, it doesn't make sense with the rest of the leak, and its completely unsubstantiated as far as photo or video evidence. I think that trusting everything in the leak is foolish, but I'm almost certain the leak is based on some amount of truth, especially with Nintendo pulling all the videos. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it as I thought the leaks were ridiculous and fake when they first came out (ganondorf's picture being all weirdly shadowed and the bizarre character still makes no sense to me, but maybe that'll be fixed a bit upon release, moving boxes isn't hard)

OT:I don't know Xenoblade or Shulk well, but he seems unique with his stat changes. I am a little disappointed that shulk is another swordsman with a down B counter, but counters actually make a lot of sense given what little I know about him. Still, he seems different enough from the Fire Emblem characters, and is stylistically very different, so I'm happy to see him in.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
I didn't even particularly like Xenoblade but Shulk looks really fun gameplay-wise. Here's hoping he'll be good!

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
For the most part i find it amusing Shulk made it into a crossover of Nintendo's biggest franchises considering their American branch did everything in its power to ignore his game to death.

I suspect its done to promote the new Xenoblade.