Xenoblade Chronicles X Tips & Tricks

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
For Xenoblade Chronicles X It takes about 10 hours of gameplay to figure a lot of the stuff out. Trust me it gets pretty damn good. Here are thing I wish I knew before playing

Tips for Xenoblade
Collect F***ING everything

The Division Center allows you to trade tickets for items you may need to complete a quest.
Whenever your Blade level goes up invest into mechanical filled skilled until it's maxed. This is how you can get different probes and Allows you to activate higher level probe

Set up as many data probes as you can

Each Data prob site has a grade for how well it gets cash or Minerals

Data probes get a boost for having three or more of the same Data probes linked together

You have skills that boost your attack or arts
You also get battle points to invest into the arts or skills

Do the Collectopedia because that can give you data probes and or battle points

Use storage storage probes to increase the amount of miranium that can be stored

Save before you accept any affinity mission because you can't quit it. If you are too low of a level its hard to progress through the game.

You can change your charter by changing the party leader.
I would do this so you can choose the correct arts that work together

Your regular attacks produce tp and some attacks require 1000 tp to activate

You don't get your skell until chapter 7 and you don't fly for until chapter 9

Search missions on google along with item and probe locations.

Some armor and weapons can have augments added to it and if you do a select affinity mission you add augments slots to your weapons, armor and the same for skells

Everyone else familiar with the game please add tips or correct me on anything.

(Update)I found this dope gamefaqs post http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/72977406

It has a way to get 130K in cash

Also a 100k storage

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
kilenem said:
Save before you accept any affinity mission because you can't quit it. If you are too low of a level its hard to progress through the game.
The missions usually have a minimum level to start and on top of that require certain members, if the mission is still too difficult, make sure you've upgraded arts and skills, which of course makes it easier, since the attacks then are stronger.
If you die 3 times against a "boss enemy" or an enemy which is in a quest, the game will ask if you want to lower the difficulty setting. This will only apply towards the enemy in the mission and not the game in general.

I am in a moment were I was 30 hours into Xenoblade X.
Then my external harddrive started rebooting itself every 20 minutes. I was able to save all my save files from games which I have the discs for, but all my DLed content is at risk of being lost due to the files being so big I can't transfer them before my harddrive turns itself of. I've bought a new external harddrive so let's hope I get all the stuff moved over from the first one to the new one when it arrives.
Otherwise I must start all over again. But then again Xenoblade X is such a big game and one can vary gamestyles etc so much, that I wouldn't feel SO bad about it. But let's hope I get my savefile saved from doom...

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
Get your mechanical skill up first, as it allows you to lay more probes.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Guffe said:
kilenem said:
Otherwise I must start all over again. But then again Xenoblade X is such a big game and one can vary gamestyles etc so much, that I wouldn't feel SO bad about it. But let's hope I get my savefile saved from doom...
That sucks dude because 30 hours is a lot

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I played 12 hours and then decided I regretted a few minor decisions and started over. I was back to where I was with a lot more thorough job done in about half the time. Restarting is not so bad.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
You actually can get your skell way before chapter 7. I got mine around chapter 5-6 I think?

I'm fairly certain its actually level based, or possibly side quest based.

Definitely agree to collect everything. Just straight up collect absolutely everything. See a blue diamond? Get it. Addition to that, periodically check the quest board and see if there's any collection quests you have enough to finish. Pick them up, finish immediately, profit. Don't pick up any collection quests that you haven't picked up already since it just clogs your quest log.

The level 20 skell kinda sucks, but you can get a decent chunk of gear for it to make it less garbage. The southwest part of Oblivia has a Prone base. The robot chicken lookin mobs drop level 20 skell gear. Some of it is really really good.

Oh, here's a fun one I learned recently.

If you max out a class line, you get to use the weapons from that class line all the time. So if you get the...what is it...commando one (assault rifle/sword) when you switch to another class to max that one out you get to still use all the weapon skills from the first class. Super helpful for leveling sets that have low damage early on since you can just use your normal abilities and cherry pick the skills/buffs from the other classes you want.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
shintakie10 said:
You actually can get your skell way before chapter 7. I got mine around chapter 5-6 I think?

I'm fairly certain its actually level based, or possibly side quest based.
It's sidequest-based, you get a series of quests after Chapter 6 that allow you to gain a Skell license.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
kilenem said:
Guffe said:
kilenem said:
That sucks dude because 30 hours is a lot
Yeah, it is, but as I said, it's such a complex game and all the different routes, arts and everything one can do, so I just try to see it as a long as fucking tutorial in that case xD
Of course it will feel a bit sucky at first, but in the end, it is just a game. Still hopeful I can save it though :/

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
One more from me, you can lay down probes while being chased by enemies. Just have the arts screen down while you do so.

Apr 28, 2008
When you go into your Ground Gear Menu if you press "X" you can set fashion gear to display over your primary gear.

When choosing the side-missions on the terminal, they do come back. So if you miss one like House of Cards which lets you change your character don't worry, it'll pop back up eventually.

When in Battle if you hold "R" you can use the d-pad to choose some orders for your squad really quickly. Most importantly "focus on what I'm shooting". For more options hit the "+" button in combat.

SAVE OFTEN. This game doesn't auto-save apart from after main missions. Don't be like me and forget to save last night and end up losing five hours of side/affinity-quest completing and collecting :(

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
k0n9 said:
One more from me, you can lay down probes while being chased by enemies. Just have the arts screen down while you do so.
Oddly enough I think it gets rid of the enemies in the area. Not sure if that was a glitch but it happened to me twice

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Irridium said:
When you go into your Ground Gear Menu if you press "X" you can set fashion gear to display over your primary gear.
(
Wish I would've known this quicker. Its nice when your armor miss matches but you want a certain look.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
shintakie10 said:
If you max out a class line, you get to use the weapons from that class line all the time. So if you get the...what is it...commando one (assault rifle/sword) when you switch to another class to max that one out you get to still use all the weapon skills from the first class. Super helpful for leveling sets that have low damage early on since you can just use your normal abilities and cherry pick the skills/buffs from the other classes you want.
Samurai Gunner! I was worried about this since I'm closing in on finishing that line and this comes as a great relief to me.

Irridium said:
WHAT!?

---

Yeah, I've got nothing to add really...Just want to thank the contributors.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Damn. I can't think of anything you guys haven't already said. Good tips though, thanks!

Oh, wait! I got one! Join the Prospectors. They always win the online division rankings, so you can claim some pretty sweet rewards once a day. Seriously, cash, healing items, salvage tickets. It's a virtual gold mine!

Also, if your having trouble finding enemy drops for a mission. You can buy them using the online terminal in the barracks. It's saved me more time than I can count.

sonicneedslovetoo

Jul 6, 2015
I should mention something about the party leader thing, the party leader is just the person at the top of the party list switching whoever that is will allow you to play as other characters.

Set as many research probes as possible, once you've explored most of the maps it becomes very very easy to fill up your Miranium storage and all you really have left after that is making money and combat support.

There is a mission where you have to explore 30% of Oblivia in Armory Alley to get a shop up, the reward is the ability to add extra augment slots to weapons and armor(3 per weapon, 1 per armor piece) Do this as soon as sanely possible.

Before you get your Skell dump as much Miranium as possible into whatever arms manufacturers you have unlocked, Skells use Miranium as fuel so you may be having to choose between the two once you get a Skell.

Do missions out and about in the city, in particular the industrial district is bigger than it looks what with the outfitters test hanger there.

Booster probes, duplicator probes and storage probes are the most valuable things in the entire game. pair the booster/duplicator probes up with storage probes as often as possible.

Tyrant_Valvatorez

Mar 29, 2013
I would like to add some extra points to the advice a few users mentioned. Firstly the R shoulder button shortcut for commands is handy as pointed out, another thing you can combine with the concentrate fire command is locking on to appendages. Once you see the green appendage target you can click the right analogue stick to lock onto it, if you then tell your party to concentrate fire they will target this appendage, very handy in certain situations.

Secondly like mentioned you will want to pair up the booster/duplicator probes with storage probes. The best way to do this is to set up your probes in a chain, then the ideal setup is to place booster and duplicator probes in junctions between probe points. For an example of this my current setup of storage probes gives me a storage of around 33500 miranium, I got this by placing one storage probe at a point that connects Primordia to Sylvalim and then putting a booster probe at the first junction, lastly I made a triple probe chain of storage probes and placed a duplicator next to the chain.

My advice to add is that when fighting larger enemies, a useful thing to know is that by breaking leg appendages you lower the targets resistance to both stagger and topple. This can turn the tide of battle in the players favour since stagger cancels out whatever attack is being prepared (with exceptions as some are uninterruptible) and a toppled target is considered to have 0 evasion, I also think that it gives the attacker a 100% critical chance but if not it is definitely increased damage. One last piece of advice I would like to add is that to make farming enemies for certain parts easier, find a group of what you want and then kill them but once that is done park your skell just next to where they are found, then open up the menu Party>Return to skell. This will reload the area and respawn all enemies.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
You can zoom out with the camera by holding L.

Once you have access to skells and have your team in them, buy the big green one at the bottom of the list and equip it with a G-Buster. Go to the right-most probe in Oblivia (its at sea level under Jair fortress). There are three enemy skells around level 55/56 who die incredily easily for some reason. I killed them. Open the fight with a G Buster hit. If it misses, run away and try again, they don't chase you far. I leveled from 32 to 44 in about 30mins.

Skells come with insurance. Its a numerical stat. When your skell is destroyed, if you miss or get a Good on the QTE to eject, your ensurance reduces by 1. If you get a Perfect it won't go down. NPCs always get a Perfect when ejecting.

You can instantly kill almost anything in the game as the Psycorrupter class. Debuff an enemy with a Soul Voice, then use Brainjack and then Sacrafice Servant.

You don't want to get to the top of the waterfall in Noctilium as much as you think.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
New Frontiersman said:
Damn. I can't think of anything you guys haven't already said. Good tips though, thanks!

Oh, wait! I got one! Join the Prospectors. They always win the online division rankings, so you can claim some pretty sweet rewards once a day. Seriously, cash, healing items, salvage tickets. It's a virtual gold mine!

Also, if your having trouble finding enemy drops for a mission. You can buy them using the online terminal in the barracks. It's saved me more time than I can count.
The downside of the prospectors is that you get blade levels incredibly slow due to only getting them whenever you gain Miranium (or whenever you pick up those crystal things, but that's like 5 a pop which is awful).

You can however switch anytime you want. What I do is switch to whatever I plan to be doing at the time. If I'm farming, switch to Interceptors/Harriers/Outfitters because you get blade levels off killing mobs (or picking up collectibles as outfitters). If I'm going to put Miranium into an arms manufacturer, switch to Outfitters because it gives you experience towards your blade level while an Outfitter. If I'm going around placing probes in a new area I'll switch to Pathfinders or Reclaimers.

If I'm logging off for the night I'll switch to Prospectors because then I can get the bonus for Prospectors being top division the next morning.

That being said, you can pretty easily just stick with Prospectors if you're not super worried about leveling your Blade level quickly. Its a decent steady income of xp, if a bit slow.

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
You don't want to get to the top of the waterfall in Noctilium as much as you think.
Which water fall, the massive one to the north?

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
You do once your strong enough. Here is a video of how to farm materials for the best skells.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiNOTykbhVk[/youtube]