Yahtzee Croshaw's The Consuming Shadow Available Now

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Zydrate said:
I'll look into his games when he gets some real capital behind his projects. I love Yahtzee's content but his games look like a glorified text adventure a friend programmed into my calculator when I was in school. It's basically one of those with pictures.
Put it on Kongregate or something.
While I know slim-to-none about Kongregate, this certainly looks like a mix of a few free Flash-animated games on Newgrounds. $10 for this is rather high.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Xman490 said:
Zydrate said:
I'll look into his games when he gets some real capital behind his projects. I love Yahtzee's content but his games look like a glorified text adventure a friend programmed into my calculator when I was in school. It's basically one of those with pictures.
Put it on Kongregate or something.
While I know slim-to-none about Kongregate, this certainly looks like a mix of a few free Flash-animated games on Newgrounds. $10 for this is rather high.
That's what I'm saying. Kongregate, ArmorGames, and other flash game sites. It just looks like one of those.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
For all Yahtzee's game critique quality it is sad to say I'm becoming increasingly dissapointed with his other endeavours.

Mogworld was fine, after that the rest has all been rubbish.

Lately Hatfall has been a heart-wrenching failure but this abomination is just sad especially for the steep price.

You're like a mini-ubisoft there aren't you Yahztee.

IceForce said:
Drathnoxis said:
I don't know, maybe it implements it in a new and interesting way, I haven't really looked at the game much, but it still seems kind of odd.
'Sanity' primarily affects the usability of the game's UI. Specifically, as your sanity dwindles, buttons on the game's UI will periodically flash "Kill yourself", which equals an instant game over if you happen to click the button at the wrong time.
The more your sanity goes down, the more frequent and persistent these "Kill yourself" flashes become.

(As an aside, the whole "Kill yourself" thing is probably the reason why the game was rejected by GoG.)
That's an idea/mechanic ripped straight from Don't Starve and other games that have been using it for quite some time now.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
IceForce said:
For those who are interested, here is the more than hour long review video that Yahtzee himself put up on his channel:

That's stupidly narcisstic for a game you've just released and are asking people to shell the money for.

"Oh look at me being interesting and playing this great game" (that-just-happens-to-be-my-own-creation-but-that-doesn't-matter-because-i'm-brilliant-and-different).

Seriously read my comment in a yahtzee voice and you'll realise how stupendous it really is.

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
Politrukk said:
That's stupidly narcisstic for a game you've just released and are asking people to shell the money for.

"Oh look at me being interesting and playing this great game" (that-just-happens-to-be-my-own-creation-but-that-doesn't-matter-because-i'm-brilliant-and-different).

Seriously read my comment in a yahtzee voice and you'll realise how stupendous it really is.
"Ego Review"

The Joke/Premise
Your head

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Coruptin said:
Politrukk said:

"Ego Review"

The Joke/Premise
Your head
Actually I absolutely get the Ego Review concept, when he does it for games he released in his childhood, not the one he's just pushing out and then practically before anyone's actually played it...