Yahtzee The Ultimate Game Critic And The Imps Invasion

MysteryJack

Nov 18, 2009
I think I liked this a little better than the first place winner.

I liked being able to play as other characters after you beat it. I found it very satisfying to slaughter imps as Mario.

FFFFFFFFFFFF

Nov 20, 2009
This should have won, it is clearly the best game, the one that got first place was OK but meh. Obviously rigged voting.

xelubest

Feb 12, 2009
Thanks everybody :)

I'll upload the game to newgrounds , kongregate and other game sites soon... and everyone who said that liked the game or that this game shoud've won... will be in the "special thanks" section in credits :)

thanks again

Daedalus007

Oct 15, 2009
Really fun game, but a glitch(?) actually let me drive the truck onto the elevator and it got stuck there! XD
Should've totally won first place.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
it was a fun game once i actually figured out the controls. if u had put the instructions for the controls u would have probably won. also why do i keep dying on the train suddenly. i stand on the box car with two doors burning the bloody hell out of the imps and suddenly it's game over for some strange reason....why?

xelubest

Feb 12, 2009
@twaddle... make sure you play the version i linked in the first page... the submited game has several bugs and doesn't have controls instruction

play this one >> www.xelubest.ro/zpgame.html

Chlorate

Nov 21, 2009
The game is fun, but the controls are a bit wonky; if it's side-scrolling with WASD, why make the jump button the space bar? Also for those people who have a mouse without a wheel you can't change weapon. And since it doesn't automatically change change when you run out of ammo it becomes impossible to progress.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I couldn't change weapons and it crashed firefox several times (maybe something to do with the fact that I'm using a Mac)

Gonzobot

Apr 2, 2009
I can't even start the game = I mean I press Start Game, and the game apparently starts, but its the character in a room for a moment, then apparently just falling (feet are up and waving slightly). There is a cityscape background, but buggy like you can see the left and bottom edges of it, and the mouse cursor goes off the top of the flash window.

Also the link to your site is Bandwidth Exceeded ;) Must be good, huh? Hurry with the Kongregate mirroring please!

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
It sucks I can't get past the game because its so buggy, after I get out of the car yahtzee just sticks in place. I can see why it didn't win.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
That was cool, cept my laptop doesn't have scroll.
Using his models might have paid off with him but i dunno what that's like for making a game.

Nice variety of weapons.

JStheguy

Apr 17, 2010
hi,im just gonna post an idea for a 2nd game(If you plan on makeing one)
WARNING:This is BIG the idea even comes with a full story and level ideas.
Ok now that thats out of the way.
Story:
"1 year after Yahtzee The Ultimate Game Critic And The Imps Invasion"
QTE(The guy with the mustash and hat with a shirt that says QTE on it)
Attacks the city in the first game(The city in the first game is where yahtzee lives i persume)causing chaos!Meanwihle yahtzee is makeing him self a branstoin pick sandwitch,when the shakeing for QTE's havoc causing makes yahtzee spill his branston pickle and yahtzee gets mad.
Level 1:Havoc city.
Description:The city from the first game with distruction every where and peopel runing around screaming.Ends around the middle of the long wall.
Boss 1:QTE(1)
Description:QTE says to yahtzee"Hahaha you think you can win?" Yahtzee says"Yes." QTE says"WELL THEN TRY TO STOP THIS!!!"The boss starts. You must run along Avoiding the X BUTTION OF DOOM!!! once you reach the end if the long wall the you must"Press space to not die!"
then you must"Press left to not die" then you must"Press space to not die"then the boss is over...
Cutscene 1
QTE:Youve proved your survival skills,so ill let you go for now.
Yahtzee:Ok.
*Yahtzee is teleported to the next level*
Cutscene end...
Level 2:Highway death.
Yahtzee spawns on a car.
Basicly you must jump on cars.
cutscene 2
Your at a space lauch area and you go into a rocket to a space station.
but the space sation is attacked by QTE!!!

Thats all i have.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
The game itself is dead on, good music and art style, good weapons etc. But it's near impossible to switch weapons and find the one you want, since when you use the scrollwheel the whole screen moves.

Edit: Oh sorry, long dead thread, I missed this the first time around and thought it was new.

Dr.Fantastic

Aug 27, 2010
I wish i had the awsome shuriken, flamin tits gun. Then my life would be complete. This game was great and should have won 1st place

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
I am proud to say that this came out of the hands of a Compatriot, my praise to Xelu and the Team that developed this Game.
All I can say is... Bravo Berbece și Jos-Pălăria :D

Aleksa Nojic

Mar 27, 2014
help me how to switch a weapon i scroll but it scroll the page not weapon and i die at the train becouse of ammo
sorry for bad english