Yahtzee's Prototype vs. InFamous Challenge

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
That is amazing, like everyone else is saying, I didn't think that Radical and Sucker Punch would do something like that, but I think it just goes to show that some video game devs can poke fun at their games. Especially if Yahtzee has anything to do with it.

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
Civility be damned! THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED!

Exaggeration holds no part in it. And regardless of the fact that this makes me seem to fit the Youtube member schema: OMFG THT WZ FUKIIN ARWSUM!

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I can't believe they did that. I mean I want to claw my own eyes out at the sight of those two images, but my god I can't stop laughing at them either. Way to go.

Paulrus_Keaton

Apr 23, 2009
Go Sucker Punch! I had a feeling they would win; they have the better sense of humor. (Sly Cooper, anyone?)

Also, the other ones just felt like Photoshops.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I didn't enjoy Zero Punctuation's Prototype vs inFAMOUS review for the fact that he had already reviewed inFAMOUS once before and didn't have enough good things to say about Prototype. I'm going to keep this short and simple because I don't have much to say beyond my forum signature so I'm going to get it over with. I prefer Prototype over inFAMOUS because a) it let's me slaughter innocents en-masse right off the bat and b) it isn't a cock-slime PS3 exclusive.

4ed

Jul 8, 2009
Am I being daft or is there a mix up here? I thought the character riding the unicorn was from prototype?

Maybe I'm not reading the article correctly...

furgy117

Mar 17, 2009
Lightningfires said:
Yahtzee you charasmatic stallion! Awesome job, but what I don't get is that Alex can shapeshift into anything right? Why not Jenna Jameson, or Carmen Electra? It's still the character, just with the powers active. Though that is kinda cheating...
Okay, i agree with this guy, just make alex become a woman and put him in lingere and then he would look good, Cole Mcgrath just looks like an angry potato so no

draneth

Sep 10, 2008
Okay I Know for a fact prototype won because Mercer (the one on the unicorn) was from prototype and Cole was from Infamous.

This angered me surprisingly much.

Megatheist

May 5, 2009
dogstile said:
oh god, yahtzee, i'm so glad you did this right now

on a note, is it just me who thought that prototypes devs made something more disturbing, and infamous devs made something more attractive?
I think the fact that they went the attractive route is by far more disturbing than just going for disturbing.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
4ed said:
Am I being daft or is there a mix up here? I thought the character riding the unicorn was from prototype?

Maybe I'm not reading the article correctly...
You're correct, and you're not reading it right, the winner of being the better game goes to whoever depicts the OTHER game's character in a bra. inFAMOUS's studio drew Alex Mercer from Prototype, which won, so they won. It's all correct.

And yes, this is just too epic for words...

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
doctorjackal777 said:
I surprised they not only actually made the pictures but that they actually watched your review and took it seriously. 'Oh not that guy with a hat reviewed us and couldn't decided if we were better than that other game, lets pander to his desire to get a non existent prize.' Seriously I doubt Zero Punctuation actually helps or hinders anyone's games sales, other than a few people who were curious, like I bought Saints Row, because he said it was so much better than GTA, and it was but never mind. Zero Punctuation to me has always been a humorous little someone showing one mans opinions regarding the games he plays and it certainly gets this site more traffic, but I've never considered them to be serious review that would actually mean anything. He's like the AVGN or TGWTG, entertainers who enjoy ragging on something or other but who's opinions don't really affect the industry in which they review.
In the first 4 hours of his Painkiller review, sales of it on Steam TRIPLED. Or something, I saw Mr. Croshaw say it himself on a video on YouTube that has since been removed.

That, my friend, is pulling power. Nay, it is pulling powah