Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z Review - A Load Of Friggin' Crap

DragonWright

May 25, 2009
M'kay, but, to be optimistic...

... maybe Yaiba'll show up in Warriors Orochi 4 and we'll be able to play a cyber ninja with better gameplay and writing.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Now I'm definitely gonna get the game, a must play game is either a 5/5 or a 0/5, I'm tired of mediocrity.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Jimothy Sterling said:
Many games have "That One Enemy," a single opponent that drives players crazy.
For me that would be the Kleer Skeletons of Serious Sam fame. Those mothers are nigh inescapable, have ranged attacks, no windup or tell when if comes to lunging 10 meters, swarm mercilessly, and have numbers to punish the already defeated. Fuck those guys with a bone!

I feel bad that you had to wade through an entire game of their cousins.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
BWAHAHA! These are the sort of reviews I look forward to from Jim. The eloquence with which he portrays utter bile for such terrible work is truly a sight to behold! BRAVO Mr. Sterling!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I'm now insulted that they somehow managed to rope James Stokoe into making a comic book out of this drivel.

He could have been working on Orc Stain goddamnit!

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
I wonder if this game will be bad enough to warrant showing snippets of gameplay during Jim's other videos, to showcase how abhorrent this game truly is.

zerabp

Aug 30, 2011
bandit0802 said:
How is it that a truly awful developer like Spark Unlimited gets to keep churning out crap, but great developers like Pandemic and High Moon get shut down after MULTIPLE successful and enjoyable titles?!
You forgot Ensemble too.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
so basically Inafune keeps his track record of godawful attempts to pander to Western gamers by producing titles that are designed by hack studios like the failed DMC reboot attempt (Ninja Theory) and the Bionic Commando revival (Grin). Seriously, when is this guy just going to give up?

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
Wow. And this game is selling for £49.99 on Steam! Just over $82.

Had a feeling it would be bad from hearing you talk about it on the Co-optional podcast, but didn't expect it to on this level.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
AznaktaX said:
ExtraDebit said:
Now I'm definitely gonna get the game.
Please don't.

Don't support such business practices.
Too late for those of us who preordered. I can only hope that this is a game that I like when the rest of the world doesn't. If I do, then I'll chalk it up to the "Movie Defense Force" factor except with games. If not, then that little voice in my head that said "Redbox it first" will have more backing when Dragon Age 3 comes out.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Funnily enough TotalBiscuit streamed a couple of hours of it the other day, and actually found it fun. Dumb fun, but he didn't hate it.

Interesting how opinions vary. TB said he'll play a bit further and do a WTF is video in the next day or two.