Yankee Stadium Bans the iPad

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Weird thing to ban...Its...kinda, odd...What, they think someone gonna set a bomb off with it?

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
You're all wrong,They where hoping to break the Ipads on a stray baseball or something.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Another day, another bunch of tech-oblivious twats running everything.

It's no worse then any other piece of technology.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Andy Chalk said:
I've never been able to fathom the mindset of all those dill holes
Never imagined you as a Beavis/Butthead fan...
In fact, I have the perfect compromise solution: Don't ban iPads, just ban idiots. Same net result from a policy we can all feel good about.
Hell, don't make it just for baseball. That should be the law of the land.
I thought thought the law of the land turned castles into the sand?

(cookie for reference)

OT: I'm bringing a netbook and suing the shit out of them if they take it.

And yes, I'll adapt the line from Braveheart for the situation.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Wait a minute,

How the HELL am i going to get my Plants Vs Zombie fix now!?!??!

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
It probably creates a liability for theft or damage.

Too often are organizations held responsible for personal idiocy. They could also put up signs that say "Yankee Stadium is not responsible for theft or damage to any personal property on the premises"; but that gets sticky quick, it is much easier to say "it's not allowed" and then you can't be held responsible if it breaks in here because it wasn't meant to be there in the first place.

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:
Another day, another bunch of tech-oblivious twats running everything.

It's no worse then any other piece of technology.
And another law-oblivious one running his mouth.

It's banned because it's a liability issue for parkowners.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
I can't imagine why laptops would be banned from Yankee Stadium as a matter of security
Its probably to prevent theft and lawsuits resulting from it, or maybe they're paranoid of hackers...

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
The only time I've been to a baseball game was to see the astros in 1999. The only thing that kept me entertained was the over priced beer and the company I was with. I can understand people wanting to take their own entertainment, baseball is the most boring of the American sports.

It was the only sport I couldn't take to while living there.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
I wonder how much press would show up if I banned iPads from my house, then quit facebook and twitter, then hacked some Wii peripheral to make it open my car or something equally stupid

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
They dont want people transmiting the games or they dont want to get sued if someone trips and let his/her ipad fall

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
Man you guys never even thought of the obvious! They are banning ipads for the fear of the sunlight reflecting off thousands of them, therefore opening up the seal that they threw captain planet in. Allowing captain planet to continue his mission to remove all humans from the face of the earth to save it, allowing 2012 to take it's course. Jeez guys read between the lines!

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Doesn't the "we are not held responsible for personal items being stolen, vandalised etc." rule go in place? If they bring it, hey, why not; if they break it it's not the stadium's fault. Kind of a stupid rule, it should be a warning rather than a banning.

EDIT: Never mind, the dude above me convinced me otherwise.

Anarien

Mar 30, 2007
The laptop ban is pretty dumb, since some fans will inevitably be coming to the game from work. When you live in a borough that isn't The Bronx and work in Manhattan, then you don't have the time to go home and drop your stuff if you want to make an evening game.

Way to undercut potential ticket sales.

Gmano

Apr 3, 2009
The banned laptops are because of their potential bomb-concealing ability, so security has a valid reason.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Anarien said:
The laptop ban is pretty dumb, since some fans will inevitably be coming to the game from work. When you live in a borough that isn't The Bronx and work in Manhattan, then you don't have the time to go home and drop your stuff if you want to make an evening game.

Way to undercut potential ticket sales.
I don't think the Yankees are struggling in that regard.