Yes, Zelda's Navi Can Actually Be More Irritating

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Aerograt said:
The video aside, everyone who thinks Navi is the most annoying video game character always forgets about this

http://www.zeldainformer.com/assets_c/2009/10/Tingle Tuner-thumb-220x294-1349.jpg

guy.
Tingle isn't the most annoying character, though. Navi still takes that by a long shot. Tingle is just creepy, and only annoying in The Wind Waker and only when you have someone using the Tingle Tuner and constantly pressing the A button so you get to hear him say "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!" over and over. But you can easily fix that by punching your co-op "buddy" in the face. ;)

You have no defense against Navi though. She never shuts up. Ever. Always with the "HEY LISTEN LOOK WATCH OUT" nonsense. And then they actually made her worse in the 3DS version by putting the flashing "NAVI" icon right at the the bottom middle of the top screen so it's always blinking at you and you can't ignore it like you could on the N64/GameCube version. And they gave her more things to say to you, always telling you to use a Shieka Stone or to take a break because you've been playing a while.

Nope, I still have to pick Navi as the most annoying Zelda character ever and as one of the most annoying characters in all of gaming. She's right up there with Lugar from Killzone (Keep out... Of Sight. Keep out... Of Sight. Keep out... Of Sight. Keep out... Of Sight. Keep o-SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY JEEZ) and random NCR NPCs from Fallout New Vegas (Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter. Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter. Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter. Patrolling the Moja-Okay I'm going to go hang out with Caesar now so I can shoot you annoying sons of bitches).

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
I was never annoyed by Navi, well maybe a little at certain times, but honestly, going on and on about 'her' appears counter intuitive. When something unchangeable annoys you, you either change your expectations or stop putting yourself in the situation where that annoying thing can affect you. Seriously, how many Navi threads and 'news articles' and editorials have their been in the last couple of months? Sheesh. If Navi is what you choose to embody annoying gameplay decisions, then you must live in a utopia of gaming.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Aerograt said:
The video aside, everyone who thinks Navi is the most annoying video game character always forgets about this
guy.
He got his own game too:
As far as I know, it never came out in the US though. You know, because Americans hate Tingle.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
people who don't like Navi just forgot that THEY COULDN'T GET THROUGH THE GAME THE FIRST TIME WITHOUT HER!!! The reason they don't like her is because on later play-throughs their response is, "I already know Navi." "Stop telling me things I already know."

The game doesn't know you already beat it. The game doesn't know you already know where everything is. It is designed to help people that are new to the game. And lets face it, Navi did her job WAY better than Tatl did. Tatl assumes you already knew how to play and practically insults new players.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Link is holding his sword in the wrong hand. This angers me.

However, funny video. I never did find Navi annoying, though.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Llil said:
Aerograt said:
guy.
He got his own game too:
As far as I know, it never came out in the US though. You know, because Americans hate Tingle.
oh god, that's... terrifying.

Aerograt

Jan 7, 2011
mjc0961 said:
Aerograt said:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/assets_c/2009/10/Tingle Tuner-thumb-220x294-1349.jpg

guy.
Tingle isn't the most annoying character, though. Navi still takes that by a long shot. Tingle is just creepy, and only annoying in The Wind Waker and only when you have someone using the Tingle Tuner and constantly pressing the A button so you get to hear him say "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!" over and over. But you can easily fix that by punching your co-op "buddy" in the face. ;)

You have no defense against Navi though.
You never have to actually have to press up C to listen to Navi's hints. The Tingle Tuner, besides the three second long HEEEEEEEEEEEY cut scene every time your partner presses A, also charges you for dropping bombs on you.

No, he's factually more annoying (and potentially more helpful) than Navi. I win.