yet another next gen version of a last gen game?...

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
they've done a lot of games that are nothing more then PS3/360 games with slight changes re-released on PS4/xbone.. and now Dishonored has a "definitive" edition coping out in August... i just spotted it on amazon... sheesh.. is anyone else sick of the making last gen games that looked and played great and reselling them on PS4? and what do you think of Dishonored getting re-released for PS4 ( and Xboxone)

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Well that's one more game we know isn't going to make the backward compatibility list for the Xbox One.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Yep. Especially since a lot of these games had PC versions that can look even better. Sure, some console owners will object that a PC is expensive, but if that's an issue, you won't buy the same game twice will you?

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Okay, all together now - if you don't like it, don't buy it. Not everyone had a previous gen console and not everyone bought the games in question. As its probably not a huge effort to port the game from PC to next-gen consoles, why not let the developers do it? - Tomb Raider, DMC, GTA 5, Sleeping Dogs were all good games and I'm not against the publishers making a bit more money from consumers who either haven't played the original or liked it so much they would buy it again. Its not like we are drowning in new games at the moment anyway.

crazygameguy4ever said:
is anyone else sick of the making last gen games that looked and played great and reselling them on PS4? and what do you think of Dishonored getting re-released for PS4 ( and Xboxone)
Can I just say, I love how the XBox One drifts in and out of your post, given full status one moment, ignored completely the next and finally reduced to parenthesis. In the same way that people refer to Oxford and Cambridge together as Oxbridge, I think we need a portmanteau for two consoles - PS360 works for the previous generation, but I've got nothing for the next gen - PSOne is already in use. XBox 4 is numerically incorrect. Playbone is far too kinky.