Yet Another PC Building Thread

ToysforGuns

Jan 26, 2011
Hey Guys,

Looking at building my own PC for the first time with a budget of around $1500. Primary purpose is obviously gaming but I also intend to use it for some audio production and video editing. I was wondering if I could get some feedback/advice on my build, Thanks :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670
Motherboard: ASRock Z87-EXTREME6
GPU: Asus GTX 760 2GB
Memory: G-Skill 8GB (2x 4GB)
HDD: Seagate SATA3 1TB
SDD: Samsung 128GB 840BW
PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W
Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

Callie

Aug 22, 2012
Are you not putting in a dedicated soundcard given that you say you might use it for audio production? Also The i5 with a GTX760 is a weird one, I guess to futureproof it abit, maybe an i7 would be better, given your price bracket I would see no problems in getting an i7 with GTX760 and maybe a 750W PSU instead.

ToysforGuns

Jan 26, 2011
Callie said:
Are you not putting in a dedicated soundcard given that you say you might use it for audio production? Also The i5 with a GTX760 is a weird one, I guess to futureproof it abit, maybe an i7 would be better, given your price bracket I would see no problems in getting an i7 with GTX760 and maybe a 750W PSU instead.
I figured a dedicated soundcard would be a little redundant considering I'll be using an external Audio Interface for recording and mixing. Thanks for the recommendations :)

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I would have gone for an i7 and more memory and cut back back on the grfx card. When you say you have an external audio interface for recording and mixing, does the device you are using have an A/D converter on it? The A/D converter on the motherboard is not that good and only really intended for medium quality voice.