Yet More Skyrim Mods

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Ummmmmmmm, is this some kind of new column ? "New 3 Skyrim mods since last update ?".
Don't get me wrong, i'm a mod-freak myself, but, but, but...

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
SirCannonFodder said:
Rack said:
And still no mention of Thuumic?

Seriously Thuumic, it's a thousand times better than any of these mods.
Maybe you should try linking it?
Err yeah, good idea.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5626

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
I goddamn LOVE mods. I'm still addicted to modding the everloving hell out of New Vegas - TalkieToaster's robotics mod is my current love... And Oblivion? I don't think there was anything in that game that hadn't been modded, for me. Bethesda and modding go hand in hand - but, you know? Vanilla Skyrim is one of the most fantastic worlds I have entered in a long time.

There is just one thing about these columns I don't like; all of the goddamn bitching, whining people who appear to say "Durr, I can't believe Bethesda crapped all over the game and it took SO MUCH MODDING to make the game BEARABLE."

Vanilla Skyrim is amazing. I have already logged 80-odd hours playing it and I'm not bored yet. That's not unbearable. That's a freaking amazing job.

(What is with this tiny replay box...?)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I love this article series, but I'm afraid that it might run out of steam soon if you're gonna completely stay clear of every silly or unrealistic mod. I haven't really spent much time on the nexus, but I'm guessing that the majority of original mods fall under that category?
Reading these always makes me regret getting Skyrim for the 360, but I'll get it for PC once I've upgraded it.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
I feel this might be a good place to mention a work in progress I've been following for a while.
Crafting 300 by baratan.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2933
This isn't quite done yet, but it's going to make crafting recipies and weapon models independent of one another by giving you more optional models to choose from while smithing. Say you dont like what the ebony swords looks like, but want the damage they do, then they dont HAVE to look like ebony swords. You can have them take on the looks of any other sword you want, but with ebony textures and stats.
Examples below.

Check it out. A lot of it actually look quite stonking great.
Really looking foreward to this being finished. :)

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Just give me werecrocs for Argonians so I can complete the companions quest line without constantly having :
"How the fuck does a reptile turn into a mammal" going on in the back of my head. Some things I can accept "Magic did it" as a response but for some reason my mind wont let me accept this.

Sjakie

Feb 17, 2010
sweet, now if only NMM wasn't still such a horrible tool this would have been easy to install as well.
Cant wait for the CK.

Jun 11, 2008
I know it is not much but the one which removes Lydia's line "I am sworn to carry your burdens" is gold. Also I will 100% be downloading this as the PC interface was shit it felt very consolised and then not remade for a kb+m.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
arcstone said:
I feel this might be a good place to mention a work in progress I've been following for a while.
Crafting 300 by baratan.
This isn't quite done yet, but it's going to make crafting recipies and weapon models independent of one another by giving you more optional models to choose from while smithing. Say you dont like what the ebony swords looks like, but want the damage they do, then they dont HAVE to look like ebony swords. You can have them take on the looks of any other sword you want, but with ebony textures and stats.
Examples below.

Oooh...this looks really, really nice. When I get around to modding my game, I'm going to want to remember this one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Now, it is my belief that some of these mods should be transferred to the consoles.
Pretty please.

Johnson McGee

Nov 16, 2009
to the makers of the acceleration layer: I'm grateful that at least someone is paying attention to reducing software bloat.

Seriously, all for better graphics and whatnot, but It seems like a lot of developers are just gobbling up computer resources (e.g. firefox is a RAM glutton) because they are there and not bothering to make programs efficient.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
Nooners said:
arcstone said:
Crafting 300 by baratan.
Examples below.

Oooh...this looks really, really nice. When I get around to modding my game, I'm going to want to remember this one. Thanks for the heads-up.
Anytime. :)

Evill_Bob

Nov 18, 2009
Bradeck said:
Where are all those "I am buying Skyrim on the 360 because X (360 fanboy)" now? Everyone was crapping on the PC crowd before this game came out. Well, vindication is sweet. MODS ARE WHY YOU BUY ON PC.
That and games like Crysis, even the console version of the game cannot compare it the PC version.

Anyways, LET THE MODS COME! Werewolf armor! Dragon mounts! Online co-op! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! LET THE MODS FLOW LIKE MEAD!

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
funnily enough, I have every single mod on this list, and I can say they are all worth the effort of downloading, original skyrim is good, with mods it's great

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rack said:
And still no mention of Thuumic?

Seriously Thuumic, it's a thousand times better than any of these mods.

EDIT: Link

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5626
I nerdgasm'd so hard that I don't think I can unbend.

Now, let's see how long it takes for my Mom to tell me to shut up with this mod!