Y'know what Square Enix, fuck you!

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
Hey Sqaure Enix how's fucking up Final Fantasy going for you? Obviously not well enough because you've decided to fuck up Legacy of Kain as well you fucking idiots!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpMhMfnTuQ

Such a briliant idea Square Enix! Taking a series known for it's brilliant single player narative and making a Free to Play Multiplayer title.

Who the fuck decided this would be a good idea.

Not only that but the Art style looks shit, It ignores established continuty and...

Yes, I realise I'm being unreasonable. Really, I'm just mad that we're getting this instead of a proper Legacy of Kain game. Not only that but the game we are getting looks and sounds bloody awful!

Maybe I need some time to calm down, but right now I'm going to complain on the internet. BECAUSE I MATTER!

Kaendris

Sep 6, 2013
Got halfway through the video, took a sip of coffee, and then closed the tab.

All in all, I am not truly interested in this particular genre of game. As Grinningcat so readily leap at, I mistakenly called it an MMO. My bad. Sorry internet. Never the less, these sorts of enterprises never really seem to live up to the hype, nor offer themselves anything of caliber to separate their brand from the many versions of games on the market. So, bleh. I do agree, it is a unique butchering of the Legacy of Kain saga.

A "zany" TF2 or not....

Best of luck to them, but I do not see success in this things future.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
Kaendris said:
Got halfway through the video, took a sip of coffee, and then closed the tab.

Just one more "soon to fail" MMO. At some point developers are going to learn that the MMO craze is ending. Heck, it may already be dead. I do not follow trends closely enough to know. I do know that I am average, and share a lot of common views with other gamers. If I feel like the MMO genre is just tired out at this point, I have reason to believe that feeling is shared by many.

Best of luck to them, but I do not see success in this things future.
But it's not an MMO. It's purely a multiplayer game. Think of it as a less zany Team Fortress 2 or a MOBA. Not that it makes it any better, but if you're going to dislike it, you should call it as it is and not what it isn't. Me, I'm not too excited for it either.

Kaendris

Sep 6, 2013
GrinningCat said:
But it's not an MMO. It's purely a multiplayer game. Think of it as a less zany Team Fortress 2 or a MOBA. Not that it makes it any better, but if you're going to dislike it, you should call it as it is and not what it isn't. Me, I'm not too excited for it either.
Fair enough, no need to get testy.

I will edit my post so it looks more correct.

Sheesh, you folks can be so picky. Solely commenting on a thread to explain to another person how they made a mistake.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I reckon that actually looks pretty fun. Reminds me of L4D verses mode.

I'll be checking it out when it's available.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
Kaendris said:
GrinningCat said:

Sheesh, you folks can be so picky. Solely commenting on a thread to explain to another person how they made a mistake.
That wasn't testy, merely correcting a misconception before it takes too deep a root. Trust me, you'll know when I get testy; this kitty shows its claws and swipes.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Meh, probably worth a look but I wouldn't put too much faith into it. Taking it from a single-player action/adventure/mild-puzzle game to a purely PvP multiplayer will likely piss off the fanbase of the original games. No matter how fun the gameplay might be, people liked the LoK games for the richness of the story and history...at least that's why I liked them so much. :p

Kaendris

Sep 6, 2013
GrinningCat said:
That wasn't testy, merely correcting a misconception before it takes too deep a root. Trust me, you'll know when I get testy; this kitty shows its claws and swipes.
Uh.... ok.

Well, that is interesting information. Thank you.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
LordDPS said:
Hey Sqaure Enix how's fucking up Final Fantasy going for you? Obviously not well enough because you've decided to fuck up Legacy of Kain as well you fucking idiots!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpMhMfnTuQ

Such a brilliant idea Square Enix! Taking a series known for it's brilliant single player narative and making a Free to Play Multiplayer title.

Who the fuck decided this would be a good idea.

Not only that but the Art style looks shit, It ignores established continuty and...

Yes, I realize I'm being unreasonable. Really, I'm just mad that we're getting this instead of a proper Legacy of Kain game. Not only that but the game we are getting looks and sounds bloody awful!

Maybe I need some time to calm down, but right now I'm going to complain on the internet. BECAUSE I MATTER!
Try to see the good sides to this. I mean think about it, if Nosgoth proves successful, it might spur Square Enix to make sure games, if fans show interest in the game, this might lead to another game with a Single player based campaign.

Rather you like it or not, that's your right, and my argument is purely speculation. I'm also a LoK fan, and to see it go like this is disappointing to me to. But I try to see the good sides to things like this to.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Apart from it being set in the world, it seems to have nothing at all to do with Legacy of Kain.
The gameplay concept looks fine for a team-based combat game, but they are wanking their game WAY too much in that trailer, reiterating "unique, concept" to what is a bunch of other game concepts rolled into an action game.

Whatever. I'll pass.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Berny Marcus said:
Try to see the good sides to this. I mean think about it, if Nosgoth proves successful, it might spur Square Enix to make sure games, if fans show interest in the game, this might lead to another game with a Single player based campaign.
...This is Square Enix. A game could sell 5 million copies and still be considered a failure.

Berny Marcus

May 20, 2013
Soviet Heavy said:
Berny Marcus said:
...This is Square Enix. A game could sell 5 million copies and still be considered a failure.
Yes that is true, but Nosgoth was way cheaper to make and produce since it's just a digital only game.

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
[quote="Berny Marcus" post=

Rather you like it or not, that's your right, and my argument is purely speculation. I'm also a LoK fan, and to see it go like this is disappointing to me to. But I try to see the good sides to things like this to.[/quote]

Okay, First off. There really isn't a good side to this. This game will alienate fans of LoK, and any one else will be busy playing better F2P titles. Hell, even if the game sold well it "won't meet expectaions" and Square Enix will just end up saying that "clearly shows there's no interest in future titles" Which means they'll use that as an excuse not to make a proper LoK game. Hell, the single player game they were making, Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun was just a crappy reboot to begin with http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594576. Why can't they just give this to the guys at Chrystal Dynamics?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Dude, it's what they do. They're the proverbial dead horse beaters.
On the plus side, I reckon they haven't really fucked with Dragon Quest all that much since the merger.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
GrinningCat said:
Kaendris said:
GrinningCat said:

That sounded sexy.

As to the OP, yeah. This doesn't look interesting to me. But think about all the games being made that don't suck and you'll be fine.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
"Comments are disabled for this video" -> Yeah I bet they are :/

Wow.....I almost don't know what to say about that, I think it damaged my soul.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I thought it looked alright.
It'll probably just end up being a big clusterfuck and if I do play it I doubt it'll be for very long but it doesn't seem awful.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not really a Legacy of Kain fan, so I guess I really can't feel angered by them going this direction.

However, I am concerned about how the game will actually balance out in the end. Even from watching that video, it looks like things are going to be heavily in the vampires' favor once players start mastering the different teams, classes, and maps. If they can somehow manage to pull off a fun yet decently balanced game, then I might have to pick it up because, outside of that, it actually looks like a lot of fun.

VoidOfOne

Aug 14, 2013
Considering that it feels like when it comes to multiplayer, FPS comes to mind, this looks like a refreshing change. It looks awesome, even. I won't play it as I'm not interested, but it's nice to see this idea coming forward when it comes to humans vs. vampires.