Yogventures Kickstarter Cancelled - Backers Offered Free (Other) Game

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding risk but doesn't carry the same protections as investing. Its a high risk with no guarantee of a product. I don't know how many of these KS projects are run by competent people and neither do most of you. Because of that, you've no idea if the game you want will ever turn out.
Some folk may use KS as a scam, then dip out with the money claiming it wouldn't work as intended while others may actually have set their sights way too high, flew close to the sun, etc. The latter portion is only liable for certain things, and when you invest in something you should be prepared for it not to work out and possibly not to get your money back.
None of the premises and pitches made should be considered guarantees. A lot of folk are seeing this as basically funding the game they want through pre-order which is the wrong way to look at it. Basically if you want to buy a guaranteed release, wait until it actually has a stable release date and a pre-order that isn't nebulous. Don't buy Early Access, don't Crowdfund anything, just have patience. Pitches are concepts, not final products. Please remember that before you back a project.
Ye Gods we're turning into a society of "must have it now" people and that is not a good thing. There's a reason patience is considered a virtue.
Basically be prepared for your crowdfunded project to fail and possibly lose out on your money or don't crowdfund things with money you're not prepared to lose. Or have some patience and wait for it to get to the imminent release phase.
I've never crowdfunded anything because I can wait to see if things work out. I don't need KS rewards to enjoy the game, and I don't see the need personally. And if anyone else wants that stuff, please just remember the risk you're taking for whatever reward you think you'll get out of it.
Good luck to those KS projects out there, and to those who've backed them.
At least they're attempting to give something to the people who backed the project but people are just tough to please.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I heard that there were some people that donated up to $10000 on this game. I doubt it's true but if so then why would anyone pay that much money to the possibility that something might be made?

Edit- Actually according to the linked source to Eurogamer 5 backers did indeed spend $10000 on this. Holy. Shit.