you are allowed to delete one website

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
Facebook. It's a fucking cancer of teh internets. The fact that it has data on over a 14th of the world's population makes me sad.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
MetalMagpie said:
Inkidu said:
I would remove the Escapist. Why? Because they use fucking captchas. Captchas don't work on my computer right now. They don't show up, they never show up. So I'm stuck to one freaking post a day. It's not just the Escapist where I have this issue, but any website that uses captchas. The Escapist is just where I noticed it first. Plus it doesn't really stop bots anyway. So burn!

I never said my punishment was proportionate, calm, and fair. In fact I'm a downright disproportionate retribution kind of guy. :D
What operating system and web browser do you use? It's likely your problem can be fixed. ;)
Windows 7 Home premium and Firefox. I'm open to any suggestions, because I think I've tried damn near everything.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Inkidu said:
MetalMagpie said:
Inkidu said:
I would remove the Escapist. Why? Because they use fucking captchas. Captchas don't work on my computer right now. They don't show up, they never show up. So I'm stuck to one freaking post a day. It's not just the Escapist where I have this issue, but any website that uses captchas. The Escapist is just where I noticed it first. Plus it doesn't really stop bots anyway. So burn!

I never said my punishment was proportionate, calm, and fair. In fact I'm a downright disproportionate retribution kind of guy. :D
What operating system and web browser do you use? It's likely your problem can be fixed. ;)
Windows 7 Home premium and Firefox. I'm open to any suggestions, because I think I've tried damn near everything.
Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. Then make sure you clear your cache by going to Tools -> Clear Recent History then selecting "Everything" on the time zone. (Make sure Cookies and Cache are both checked under the "Details" section.)

If you're still having a problem after that, contact the Escapist team and report it as a bug: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contact/subject/tech

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
floobie said:
What site generates the most of those stupid, repetitive memes? I'd delete that site.
9gag and arguably Memebase/reddit but 9gag is the worst offender.