You are allowed to know the true story behind any event/phenomenon in history...

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Tharwen said:
Popadoo said:
Ordinaryundone said:
The Big Bang. As a fan of explosions and bangs in general (even the hair and Shishigami kind), it would be awesome to see the first and biggest.
Actually, it's a misconception that the ''Big Bang'' was some sort of HUGE AND AWESOME AND BRIGHT AND LOUD EXPLOSION OF EPIC. It would be more like lots of gas, probably hydrogen alone (which you can't see, because there would be no light) expanding outwards.

OT: Probably the Wow Signal, too. Or maybe that patch of empty space we can't see anything in. Not sure about that one, I heard it somewhere but can't find any information on it. Links, anyone?
I'm fairly certain there was no gas at the start of the universe, because the particles all had too much energy to combine...
There was only hydrogen in a gaseous form, pretty much every other element can be created from nuclear fusion in a star. And yeah, if hydrogen has enough energy it will be in a gaseous form because, well, hydrogen gas is just hydrogen atoms that aren't combined and float freely.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Technically what i want to know isnt covered by the title but nm ;)

I want to see the events leading up to the big bang , where exactly did it all come from

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Hero in a half shell said:
"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

HAHA, I know the answer to your unknowable question, what now dirtbags?
Actually, we already know the answer to that - it's the egg.

Why? Because reptiles actually pre-date birds by several million years.
And reptiles lay eggs . . .
well let's assume he means the "chicken egg"

did its ancester lay a chicken egg? or did the chicken come from the ancestors egg

such a non-issue >< and would be stupid to know the answer to this with all the other more usefull problems that could use solving

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
Hmm, I have a feeling that alot of the answers to conspiracy theorists theory's would be highly disappointing to find out the answer too. Because underneath it all those people just want there to be a big government in control of it all, so that the world is in control, so there is an order to things they can make sense out of.

Regardless as for me, I would really like to be present for the discovery of the first Dark Matter Particle, or the meeting that determined what books would and wouldn't be in the bible...because as an atheist I would just love to see how it went down. If these people really believe in what they were doing or if they did it with malicious manipulative intent.

Ignatz_Zwakh said:
The Tunguska Event! I want answers! Post-haste!
It seems like they have pretty well concluded it was a meteor detonating above the surface of the planet I believe I was doing some reading and it seems that most alternative explanations are pretty doubtful. ie, the meteor explanation is the only one that really explains the presence of meteor fragments around the blast area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tunguska_Event#Speculative_hypotheses

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
zumbledum said:

I want to see the events leading up to the big bang , where exactly did it all come from
That one, we might be able to answer.
As far as I know, the current theory says time was created by the big bang.
In other words, there is no "before" the big bang, and therefore of course no "leading up to" it either.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Jonluw said:
zumbledum said:

In other words, there is no "before" the big bang, and therefore of course no "leading up to" it either.
that was my point. as in why my question wasn't really covered as in it happened before which is a dodgy word to be using if there's no current after to refer to err.....

basically the start of time and what we laughingly call reality started with the big bang, but unless your going to get religious on me that cant actually be the start of the story can it? one of our laws is you can not create or destroy anything mearly change its state. so it seems fairly simple deduction to me that these laws only apply to this situation and can not be the whole story. i want to see what happened on the other side of the big bang.

the old theroy was the universe expands and contracts cyclically which is now in doubt. as it seems it wont contract. but in any case it still doesnt answer the question of where it all came from. yes yes the big bang but where did the matter the big bang inject into this reality come from.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
zumbledum said:
Jonluw said:
zumbledum said:

that was my point. as in why my question wasn't really covered as in it happened before which is a dodgy word to be using if there's no current after to refer to err.....

basically the start of time and what we laughingly call reality started with the big bang, but unless your going to get religious on me that cant actually be the start of the story can it? one of our laws is you can not create or destroy anything mearly change its state. so it seems fairly simple deduction to me that these laws only apply to this situation and can not be the whole story. i want to see what happened on the other side of the big bang.

the old theroy was the universe expands and contracts cyclically which is now in doubt. as it seems it wont contract. but in any case it still doesnt answer the question of where it all came from. yes yes the big bang but where did the matter the big bang inject into this reality come from.
If the universe is "flat", the sum of energy in the universe would be zero. Which means the universe coming from nothing isn't really a problem, physically or mathematically.
Something about quantum fluctuations. I'm not completely sure.

I recommend watching this video:
It may be an hour long, but if you sit down to watch you will find that it doesn't get boring. Provided you're interested in this kind of stuff, that is. Which I take for granted that you are, considering your question.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Um... Is there a god?
The answer, any way it could go, would be pretty freakin' huge.
However, depending on where i'm getting this answer from, i may not even need to ask...
Then i would change it to an advanced science question.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
easy: how the universe came to be (no, i do not refer to the big bang itself, but rather how it came that stuff exists, instead of not - i mean, there's no reason why anything should be at all, again, instead of nothing)

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Jonluw said:
zumbledum said:
Jonluw said:
zumbledum said:

If the universe is "flat", the sum of energy in the universe would be zero. Which means the universe coming from nothing isn't really a problem, physically or mathematically.
Something about quantum fluctuations. I'm not completely sure.

I recommend watching this video:
It may be an hour long, but if you sit down to watch you will find that it doesn't get boring. Provided you're interested in this kind of stuff, that is. Which I take for granted that you are, considering your question.
Thanks for teh link very interesting vid . ofc it comes down to we dont know but the idea of the univers existing as the quantum possibilities between nothing is intriguing. unlikely methinks but cute. lots of work for them quantum guys to do before this ones gets close to an answer

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Where is the Necronomicon? Or, if the Necronomicon doesn't exist, where is the book that is the closest thing to the Necronomicon on Earth?

Second Choice would be "What created the Universe?"

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Area 51. I would like nothing more than to know exactly what the hell is going on there.
Hadn't thought of that, finding out what is actually going on there would be freaking awesome. OR it just turns out to be a big pile of bullshi-

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Popadoo said:
Tharwen said:
Popadoo said:
Ordinaryundone said:
The Big Bang. As a fan of explosions and bangs in general (even the hair and Shishigami kind), it would be awesome to see the first and biggest.
Actually, it's a misconception that the ''Big Bang'' was some sort of HUGE AND AWESOME AND BRIGHT AND LOUD EXPLOSION OF EPIC. It would be more like lots of gas, probably hydrogen alone (which you can't see, because there would be no light) expanding outwards.

OT: Probably the Wow Signal, too. Or maybe that patch of empty space we can't see anything in. Not sure about that one, I heard it somewhere but can't find any information on it. Links, anyone?
I'm fairly certain there was no gas at the start of the universe, because the particles all had too much energy to combine...
There was only hydrogen in a gaseous form, pretty much every other element can be created from nuclear fusion in a star. And yeah, if hydrogen has enough energy it will be in a gaseous form because, well, hydrogen gas is just hydrogen atoms that aren't combined and float freely.
Hydrogen wasn't formed until 377000 years after the universe was (OK, I looked that number up on Wikipedia). Until then (after the crazy stuff no-one understands stopped happening), it was just subatomic particles slowly losing energy until they could combine to form bigger subatomic particles.

droid

Apr 15, 2009
What happened at the end of the Norse colonies [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greenland#The_demise_of_the_Greenland_Norse_settlements] in Greenland? The ultimate causes of their demise are obvious: they destroyed their habitat and their relations with the natives, so a harsh winter could have forced them to eat the last of their seeds and livestock, but that leaves out a lot of details. What were the proximate causes? In what way did authority structures break down under the strain? How did they treat each other, what things did they say?

Not that there is any thing I am dying to know, but surely there is an interesting story.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Hmmm... I cannot think of any event that I am curious about... Most stuff I am fine with just knowing it happened, and that is it! Personally I beleive in a vague idea similar to fate... I beleive things will happen at certain times and places for a reason... The only thing I ever want to know in life is the reason!! Like why I managed to survive, without a scratch, a freak car crash last year, and what made me get out the car when I did to make me avoid being hit by the Lorry? (I didn't see it coming, it happened behind me as I staggered away...!) I want to know why luck was on my side that day...

(I know the athiest science nerds will love to berate me for that... I am not religious, it's just my mind doesn't like 'just because' as an answer... I prefer to have something I have fabricated myself than no answer at all... makes life more fun that way... I do know however that it is a result of my imagination, and that there is no reason that I wasn't hurt, other than luck, and training... the fact that subconsiously I remembered being told to leave the car on the motorway, and to get off the road... even if I didn't consiously think this at the time!)

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
How about...Einstein's last words? Even if it's something trivial, like him saying he was in pain, I'm still curious.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Let's go... Human existence.
I want to know the entirety of everything involving humanity. In one package.
If that's too needy, I would like to know about any form of religious events for their accuracy.
It would be cool knowing how the beginnings of the current major belief systems came in to action, whether falsity or actual fact.
And then I can become a God's favorite new prophet who's....ALL AMERICAN!!!!