You can give one TV show an unlimited budget. What is it?

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I'd go for Agents of SHIELD too. With an unlimited budget, that can mean a lot of cameos and super big actors, as well as some really good CGI. So yeah, a mini-marvel movie every week? Sure thing.

thebludragonwarrior

Jun 6, 2014
Show that's still airing: Agents of Shield.

I don't think the way they've done episodes so far is bad (though there were some bad ones) I think it would give the writers more creative freedom... also they'd need it for

If they want to do a crazy Graviton story.

Show that's not airing: Justice League Unlimited

It's mostly because I want to see what they would have done with...

Darkseid and Luthor having the anti-life equation. They followed it up in the beyond universe comics but the canonicity of those are dubious at best. And I would have loved an ending to that series that features every hero/villain still alive (and maybe some time travellers like the legion or JL beyond).

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
I would love to give Steven Universe an unlimited budget because that show is made of whimsy, and the world needs more whimsy.

legend of duty

Apr 30, 2011
Either the legend of Korra or The Twilight Zone. I would like to give it to Daria, but since the series ended correctly it seems wrong. Though i would love to see a college setting Daria reboot.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Live Action: Firefly. I'm really tempted to say Doctor Who, but at this point I think their budget is doing just fine. It wasn't so hot in 2005, but in the last year they've had two specials that not only aired on television to record-breaking audience, but also aired in theaters around the US. And the 5th anniversary episode was in 3D. So yeah, even as of a couple of years ago their CGI was a bit sketchy, but very recently things have gotten very good.

Animation: Sonic SatAM. Maybe I've just been on a nostalgia kick with this one lately, but seriously TWO SEASONS and the second one ending with such promises of what's to come. And then...nothing. I'm still convinced if somebody arranged a kickstarter for this one the writers would still be on board (though I won't arrange it because I can hardly manage my own money, much less other people's).

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
I've never seen it, but my vote is to give an unlimited budget to Dancing With the Stars. I would pay the "stars" a ton of money first of all. Then, under the immense budget, I would add chainsaws, flamethrowers, and some sort of elaborate trap door system that connects via tunnel to a trebuchet that fires into the ocean.

Either that orMythbusters.

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Adventure Time. I would love to see what they could do with longer episodes.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
Well, I would really like a Firefly reboot (with a super budget) but out of the currently running ones it would have to be GoT.

That being said.... We could always go with Breaking Bad.

He isn't dead!
We could only hope.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
Imagine what a masterpiece Defiance would be with an unlimited budget.

It would make Breaking Bad look like 12 Oz. Mouse.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I can't think of any current shows...its not like OITNB needs a huge budget

probably Korra....given the fact it got off the air or something

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
I'll go with Tokyo Ghoul since I'm really into that right now, so that way they wouldn't need to keep it on a prime-time slot I guess where it's all censored, and to improve some of the animation too.

As well as to de-condense the anime since it's currently stuffing about 70 chapters worth of content into 12 episodes, and it isn't going well. As well as to de-censor it and. ...basically, I just want it to follow the source material better. I didn't even start reading the manga until after I started the anime like most people with this series, but the anime is currently doing a piss-poor job of adapting the series to an animation. It likes to change things around, but for the worse.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Firefly. And screw your rules, I don't care that it's not currently running. If it had unlimited money, it would BE running, because with enough cash you could bring everyone back.

I don't have TV and my Netflix habits run to shows from 20 years ago. I don't actually know of any currently running shows except Game of Thrones and Trailer Park Boys. GoT already has an excellent budget and already does great things with it.

That leaves TPB. Not only is that the kind of show that couldn't really be improved by more money, I wouldn't give a single penny to Trailer Park Boys. Two people at my work simply cannot shut up about that show, so I watched a couple episodes. Perhaps I should say I made it through a couple episodes. I found it to be stiflingly stupid and terribly, irredeemably unfunny. It is the anti-funny. Whatever money is spent on it already, it's all being wasted.

ryazoph

Aug 5, 2014
The Good Wife. Great show, deserves more funding, and less advertising. An extra five minutes per episode would do wonders, if you've seen the deleted scenes on DVD.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Mythbusters.

I've heard rumors that the reason why the show fired Kari, Torry and Grant is because of issues related to money. Without any money concerns, there'd be no reason to get rid of the three (all of which I really enjoyed watching). Also would mean way more leg room for testing myths, which would be cool.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
The latest anime adaptation of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so far it's been really good and very accurate to the manga, and I want to see all eight arcs get this kind of quality treatment.

Maybe by the time it's finished they'll have actually gotten to releasing an English version of part 4's manga...

Millky95

Nov 19, 2009
Babylon 5. Fantastic show, could be so much better now with improved CGI and a chance to fully develop seasons and characters.

The Feast

Apr 5, 2013
Madame_Lawliet said:
The latest anime adaptation of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so far it's been really good and very accurate to the manga, and I want to see all eight arcs get this kind of quality treatment.

Maybe by the time it's finished they'll have actually gotten to releasing an English version of part 4's manga...
Come to think about it, I will classify Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is one of the most difficult adaptation in order to make it successful, especially for the direction of anime industry today. Thankfully, David Production knows what they are doing. I will also probably consider two animes that need to have unlimited budget which are Eyeshield 21 and One Piece. Both can be consider as great manga but shitty anime adaptation, too slow and the execution feels poor in my opinion.

How odd that Attack of Titan receives quality anime adaptation when comparing with its manga. One of the obvious reasons it is so popular. For the western media, I will consider Starship Trooper Roughneck deserving an unlimited budget. Other than that are Samurai Jack, Korra, Megas XLR, Jackie Chan, Godzilla, Ghostbusters, Hey Arnold...hell, most of the great cartoons that isn't concluded completely.

The show that needed unlimited budget are mostly 90's show like X-Files, John Doe, The Mantis and so on...