You Can't Handle The Depth

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Haha nice. There are actually about 9 different Evangelion pachinko machines used to continue the story. Fans of that series have been shit on for years.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Would Silent Hill fans actually play something like pachinko? I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive, since pachinko is something you play when you're not home.

Of course the worst thing about this is that it's probably the least offensive thing Konami has done.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
LoL! Revenge of the Angels! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Erin! :p

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Suck it all up buttercup. Life gonna do that a lot more too. Hey, why does that guy look suspiciously like me if I ate only growth hormones? Who talked???

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Someone needs to do a version of this with the guy wearing a Star Wars shirt.

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
This is my friend's exact reaction to Konami's recent decisions regarding Silent Hill, except his vice is Mega Man.

"Welcome to the club, Silent Hill fans."

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Now I wonder if that guy has any of the Rei or Asuka body pillows I've seen at conventions.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Sarcasm was so intense, I felt the burn through my screen.

Draconalis said:
It's true you know... I saw many Evangelion panchiko machines while in Japan.
I think it has to do with more than that. As CM has gone into before.

Deep and meaningful.

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
Blazing Hero said:
Haha nice. There are actually about 9 different Evangelion pachinko machines used to continue the story. Fans of that series have been shit on for years.
Wait, what? I thought pachinko was just a pinball machine with no paddles? How the hell do you continue a story with one?

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Morti said:
Blazing Hero said:
Wait, what? I thought pachinko was just a pinball machine with no paddles? How the hell do you continue a story with one?
Hey, Pinball games actually have pretty awesome storylines sometimes.

Rornicus

Jan 26, 2010
Morti said:
Blazing Hero said:
This is how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKbUm8GrbM

You're welcome.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
CaitSeith said:
Does that mean that Silent Hill is as deep as Evangelion? ;)
More or less. Although SH has gotten shit on far worse then Eva ever did.

At least the slot game captures the experience of the protagonists. You could stop what you're doing, but instead you'll continue until you've lost everything and you hate yourself. Then it kicks you in the nards, probably.

God, I love Eva and SH...

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Blazing Hero said:
So by continuing the story, do you mean them having to play and win? Or do you mean Anno setting up a bunch of pachinko machines with plot at the bottom and just slamming chips into them and just taking whatever he lands on? Because the former just seems SOOO out of place what with the totally tasteful Smiling Gendo Toothpaste, the Rei boob mousepads(even if I personally find those things hilarious), Asuka cold medicine, Mari ice cream and glasses, and Shinji trashcans? The latter is much more believable as a thing that happened.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Morti said:
Blazing Hero said:
Most modern day pachinko machines are hooked up to lcd monitors which play out stories while you score points. A lot of preexisting manga and games only continue their timelines on these machines. For example the Ranma pachinko machine basically plays the last few chapters of the manga that never got animated and provides the actual ending to the anime. The same is true with Evangelion where the story is continued across Pachinko Machines only while you play. So if you want to see the story continue you are stuck having to gamble tons of money on 9 separate machines with a new one being released practically every year.

Now getting back to Silent Hill, the pachinko machine is going to be based on Silent Hill 2 so it would be expected in Japan that there would be new scenes and situations added to that story. But be aware that usually what is added is god awful. To give you an example of what to expect check out some of these scenes Capcom put in the original Resident Evil Pachislo machine. Its actually pretty damn funny,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CgbQnI_oeA

Edit:
Here's another one just for fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRtkccCXms

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Redryhno said:
Blazing Hero said:
So by continuing the story, do you mean them having to play and win? Or do you mean Anno setting up a bunch of pachinko machines with plot at the bottom and just slamming chips into them and just taking whatever he lands on? Because the former just seems SOOO out of place what with the totally tasteful Smiling Gendo Toothpaste, the Rei boob mousepads(even if I personally find those things hilarious), Asuka cold medicine, Mari ice cream and glasses, and Shinji trashcans? The latter is much more believable as a thing that happened.
Nope many actually continue the stories of certain series. It seems to happen more with anime than video games though.

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
Blazing Hero said:
Most modern day pachinko machines are hooked up to lcd monitors which play out stories while you score points. A lot of preexisting manga and games only continue their timelines on these machines. For example the Ranma pachinko machine basically plays the last few chapters of the manga that never got animated and provides the actual ending to the anime. The same is true with Evangelion where the story is continued across Pachinko Machines only while you play. So if you want to see the story continue you are stuck having to gamble tons of money on 9 separate machines with a new one being released practically every year.

Now getting back to Silent Hill, the pachinko machine is going to be based on Silent Hill 2 so it would be expected in Japan that there would be new scenes and situations added to that story. But be aware that usually what is added is god awful. To give you an example of what to expect check out some of these scenes Capcom put in the original Resident Evil Pachislo machine. Its actually pretty damn funny,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CgbQnI_oeA

Edit:
Here's another one just for fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBRtkccCXms
So... it's not really continuing the story with the machine, it's a poorly animated pay-per-view cut scene that happens to be on the machine?