You Get To Name Our Next Planet

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Just a simple thought I had on the bus today, let's say a new planet was discovered that in a few short years we would begin to colonize, it would be our first planet to live on that isn't Earth. By luck you win a lottery that gives you the privilege to name this new home of humanity, so what would you name it?

Personally I'd want to call it Eden Prime, yes because it's from Mass Effect but also because I think it's an appropiate name for our second home. So what would you call it?

Mestraal

Jan 18, 2010
Terra.
Just so I can call Earth One Gaia and cause a planetary collision a la Final Fantasy 9. I think it'd work.

I wish. Fusing planets sounds awesome.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Withershins. Blipity bloop. Asimov I. Urectum. Planet Planet. Planet Hollywood. The really really dark grey pearl. Equstria. Hoth. Tatooine. Dagobah. That planet in Firefly. That one planet from Star Trek. The Planet of the apes.
Take your pick.

How many people did I ninja? :D

...dammit.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I'd give it one of those code names that NASA like to give them.

The planet will be used purely for alcohol production when it is colonized. And it shall be called 1-2-M.E.H-N.I.

God... My life...

RickyRich

Nov 8, 2011
If it was a mountainous planet, with a lot of natural defenses I would name it Aegis. Aegis would be the shield of her people against those who wish to harm her people.

To get this, you have to know what Aegis is.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
EHKOS said:
Withershins. Blipity bloop. Asimov I. Urectum. Planet Planet. Planet Hollywood. The really really dark grey pearl. Equstria. Hoth. Tatooine. Dagobah. That planet in Firefly. That one planet from Star Trek. The Planet of the apes.
Take your pick.

How many people did I ninja? :D

...dammit.
I believe that you were the one who was ninja'd (by me).

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
My name, so that my name will go down in history, even after the planet is renamed Planet Narcissus by the people who overthrow my toltalitarian regime even though I did nothing evil, though I'll just knock over Switzerland and stuff myself with chocolate in exile till I die.

Wait, what where we talking about?

OH LOOK! A KITTEN!

So, long story short, never become a professional revolutionary, cause then you get control of your own colony ship with only dial up, and that's never any fun.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Eighth 1 said:
Gvactri'Djiuus, just to see them try and pronounce it on the local news.
I'd name it Eyjafjallajökull :p
Bonus points if the planet is completely free of glaciers.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Chronos. Continue the naming tradition and also come up with something cool, done and done.