You guys want to see some military themed pokemon

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Think about a Krav Maga pokemon would be Dark/Fighting, sniper would be Dark/Steel, Tank would be fire/steel the possibilities are pratically endless.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
No thank you. They're getting weird enough as it is without adding .50 cals and mortars.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
AccursedTheory said:
No thank you. They're getting weird enough as it is without adding .50 cals and mortars.
Blasphemy there is no such thing as "weird enough" for Pokemon

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Bearing in mind the series is still primarily aimed at kids, I doubt they would actually go with military motif mons.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011

I mean, there's a giant buff Pokemon with really short-shorts and no shirt. Who frankly should be renamed the "Swole pokemon"

conversely...

There's a literal key chain pokemon. The fact there isn't a tank pokemon before they made a key chain pokemon, is kind of surprising.

vare

Oct 20, 2013
Javarock said:
There's a literal key chain pokemon. The fact there isn't a tank pokemon before they made a key chain pokemon, is kind of surprising.
Not really a tank, but apparently started out pretty close to one:

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Kibeth41 said:
RaikuFA said:
Immediately thought of this:

I was about to post a picture of Bangbang. But you beat me to it.

OT: You do realize that Pokemon is a children's franchise, right?
We have a pokemon that wears the skull of its dead mother I'm pretty sure we can slide in some Military themed pokemon

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Javarock said:

Is that real? With the keys on it and everything? I never played beyond 2nd generation and I thought trash bag pokemon was weird enough

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Bobular said:
Javarock said:

Is that real? With the keys on it and everything? I never played beyond 2nd generation and I thought trash bag pokemon was weird enough
Wait til you see one of the upcoming Ground/ ghost Pokemon in Sun and Moon!

OT- Not really. Fanart yet but not official ones.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Well, I'm kind of partial to Solossus/Colossiege by tk36477 [http://tk36477.deviantart.com/]:

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Bobular said:
Wait a minute, for you the sentient keychain is weirdER than the sentient dust bag? It's usually the other way around. I had to make quite the research to wrap my head around these: in europe there is a myth that fairies steal small objects from houses, this Pok?mon is a kleptomaniac for keys, hence Klefki. The others are about a creature known as a "dust bunny", combination of various things associated with dirt: trash and rubbish makes Trubish and garbage with odor makes Garbodor.

Speaking of which, what is your opinion on these?

the_dramatica

Dec 6, 2014
Normal pokemon are already used in war, it's canon. See Lt. Surge or this: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/7/75/Mewtwo_in_armor.png/220px-Mewtwo_in_armor.png

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Igor-Rowan said:
Bobular said:
Wait a minute, for you the sentient keychain is weirdER than the sentient dust bag? It's usually the other way around. I had to make quite the research to wrap my head around these: in europe there is a myth that fairies steal small objects from houses, this Pok?mon is a kleptomaniac for keys, hence Klefki. The others are about a creature known as a "dust bunny", combination of various things associated with dirt: trash and rubbish makes Trubish and garbage with odor makes Garbodor.

Speaking of which, what is your opinion on these?
I honestly still think that key ring pokemon is weirder than garbage pokemon or ice cream pokemon, I think its the actual keys on it.

Considering the original had sentient sludge I don't see it to much of a stretch to have sentient ice cream, but I would defiantly still say they were strange, even by regular pokemon standards.