You have a gun with one bullet...

TopHatsaur

Dec 15, 2010
You have a gun with one bullet. Infront of you are two people, World Hunger and World War. Shooting World Hunger will stop world hunger, shooting World War will stop all war, and shooting YOURSELF with stop them both for 100 years.

However, shooting World Hunger will make World War more powerful and vice versa, shooting yourself does not.

Which one do you shoot?

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
World hunger, personally.
Unless of course, shooting world hunger aggravates world war and makes more wars break out.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
World Hunger. With that out of the way, one of the biggest reasons for war goes out the window. The rest can be dealt with by humanity growing up.

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
Can I shoot something else instead? I don't wanna shoot either of those things, and I certainly don't wanna shoot myself. Can I shoot Ben Affleck instead?

Mischa87

Jun 28, 2011
I'd shoot myself in the shoulder, so I don't die, and can enjoy the effects of my pain.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I would shoot World Hunger, and here's why:

War is an essential part of humanity. It has been raging for our entire existence, but it does slack at some points. Hunger never does. There is always hunger somewhere. Hell, I'm hungry right now, but that can't even compare to the terrible, starving, complete lack of food some people have to deal with on a daily basis.

I would not shoot myself becasue 100 years is a pitiful amount of time for there to be no war or hunger. It implies that no matter what happens during that time, war and hunger will be back afterwards, so that there is really very little use of 100 years of peace.

I would not shoot war because of my earlier statements, though I have other reasons as well. First of all, I may be slightly sociopathic, as the chaos of war excites me. It gets me-for lack of a better term-high, though I have never done drugs. I feel elated and happy, like I'm flying and full of wonder. But anyway, I digress.

The World Wars of the past have never lasted very long, even though they had catastrophic impacts on the world's population. I can assume that while there would be more war, it would only last in bursts, with probable areas of peace in between.

Now, this question begs another: is it assumed that the option that was not shot (of hunger and war) will be solved in the future, or is it simply doomed to perpetuate for the rest of human existence?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
How does stoping world war? Death equal less mouth to feed?

OT- I would stop world war, maybe but unlikely people will focus at ending worldhunger itself instead of focusing at killing each other.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
World hunger I guess.

I would prefer to be able to head to Lord St in town and see how many morons I could get in a line.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
World hunger. It'll be a cause for war in the future.

Also, war, horrific though it is, tends to result in major scientific advances. It also tends to have interesting effects on public morale (see: The Falklands war)

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Take the gun, use it to hold up an ammunition store, get more bullets, Kill both, try to go on a war against the public, can't do it because war is dead, go home and mope a little.

OT: probably war. Yeah, I'd go with war.

satanslawer123

Aug 6, 2009
well i would line them up in a nice line and i stand in front of them both i shot all three of us and hey presto i stop them both for good and stop them for 100 years as a safety measure

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
War because even if it gets worse first, with no war there will no longer be any reason to ignore the hunger problem which will then get better regardless.